or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

[moved] C4 Daylight Running Lights

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dennissamways   
Sun Aug 02 2020, 08:01am
Member No: #56618
Recently noticed that my 2011 C4 Grand Picasso Daylight running lights don't work when just driving with no head/side lights on. If I put head/side lights on, the DRL LED's work OK. I assume there is some configuration menu to be able to put the DRL's on at all times? If so how do I access this? Is it a matter of pressing a combination of buttons on the Steering wheel stalk, to get at this special menu?
routemaster1   
Sun Aug 02 2020, 10:44am
Member No: #574
dennissamways wrote ...

Recently noticed that my 2011 C4 Grand Picasso Daylight running lights don't work when just driving with no head/side lights on. If I put head/side lights on, the DRL LED's work OK. I assume there is some configuration menu to be able to put the DRL's on at all times? If so how do I access this? Is it a matter of pressing a combination of buttons on the Steering wheel stalk, to get at this special menu?

It is not a special menu, it is just one of the available choices through the menus. I can't point you to the right place as I traded my 2011 car in in 2015. As you have found out, the DRLs are used on reduced power as sidelights.

It is very unlikely, but when my car was new, the DRLs only worked as sidelights. This cause much head-scratching at the agents. It was eventually solved by downloading a new car configuration from France.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 dennissamways (Last Week)
vexorg   
Mon Aug 03 2020, 03:35am
Member No: #48843
On the DS4, you get some different option on the scren menu when the engine is off, and it's under car or body options or something like that. And other options like unlock driver's door only or all doors on first press.

Mine is 2011 with satnav, so has the proper screen in the speedo that shows different stuff from the non-satnav. Not sure where your menu appears.
1 User said Thank You to vexorg for this Post :
 dennissamways (Last Week)
vexorg   
Mon Aug 03 2020, 03:38am
Member No: #48843
routemaster1 wrote ...

I can't point you to the right place as I traded my 2011 car in in 2015. As you have found out, the DRLs are used on reduced power as sidelights.

Could have been to EU changes that state all cars from 2013 must use DRL.
The sidelights and DRL are completely different on mine, LED for sidelights, and horrible dull yellowish bulbsfor DRL. Not sure the GP light arrangement.
routemaster1   
Mon Aug 03 2020, 06:07am
Member No: #574
vexorg wrote ...

routemaster1 wrote ...

I can't point you to the right place as I traded my 2011 car in in 2015. As you have found out, the DRLs are used on reduced power as sidelights.

Could have been to EU changes that state all cars from 2013 must use DRL.
The sidelights and DRL are completely different on mine, LED for sidelights, and horrible dull yellowish bulbsfor DRL. Not sure the GP light arrangement.

As I wrote somewhere above, DRL's are used on reduced power as sidelights. However, the light units are carried over from the pre-2010 facelift cars (although there may be minor cosmetic changes) They still contain the bulbs as fitted to earlier cars although they do absolutely nothing.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member