or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Error when slowing to stop - Engine Fault Repair Needed

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
geverett76   
Sat Aug 01 2020, 08:15am
Member No: #52407
Hi

I have a 2013 C4 Picasso II. It has started displaying error "Engine Fault Repair Needed' when I slow down to stop. Sometimes see ECO mode deactivated message. Cruise control is not working and I am also seeing parking sensor errors!

I have taken car to citroen dealer who said that this is alternator fault and will need to be replaced. However when getting quotes for the repair one garge suggested getting the battery tested which showed that it needed replacing!

Can anyone suggest how I should proceed? Replace the alternator or the battery?
gittos   
Sat Aug 01 2020, 08:54am
Member No: #30055
If your car still has the original battery the chances are it needs replacing at seven years old, modern cars are reliant on a good battery and if it is less than perfect all sorts of spurious error messages, one that I had in the past did this showed several random error messages. All was well after new battery

I would get the battery and altenator properly tested and take it from there.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member