or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Front Knocking

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JohnKirsty   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 12:08pm
Member No: #56606
Hi, we have a 17 plate (March 17) C4GP, 1.5 HDI Blue, manual, Flair. We have had the car 18 months and noticed on quite hot days when we are using the air con, been set at 17,c today, a knocking noise starts at the front. It can be felt throughout the dashboard, floor, and especially through the steering wheel. The knocking is constant once it starts. Been to citroen dealer lots over the past 18 months but just get fobben off, as the problem only happens on hot days when the air con is working hard, so unless they ezperience it, they can't find it.
When the engine is off, you can rock the car, push up and down on the front and the noise is still there. On a normal day this does not happen.
Was told today it was a drop link or strut. Surely if they were the problem it would happen all of the time.
Maybe or maybe not unrelated, but in the winter when using the heating, the touch screen displays that it is going to shut down to pretext it's self from overheating. Once off, there is a couple of minutes of nothing, then a loud mike drop type noise, then it boots up again. This keeps happening if you don't disconnect iPod. Under dash storage bin where usb egg. Are gets very hot.

Surely, we can't be the only people.with this problem.......
iscom   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 12:27pm
Member No: #20936
Not being a expert I can only offer some suggestions as if this was my problem . . Does the knocking continue when you have stop but the engine is still running . . As for the drop links I suspected that is the problem if your car is due for a MOT soon maybe you should take for the test or a Pre MOT test and the tester would tell you if it the problem . . . as for the "PoP/Bang" with the touch screen this has happen to me once or twice in the past few years so maybe a system up date would resolve the problem. as for the dealer insist that they sort the problems out
JohnKirsty   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 12:38pm
Member No: #56606
Thanks for the reply. WWhen the car is moving the noise is there. When the car is stopped, say at traffic lights, the knocking stops. As the car moves and as soon as you pull away, the knocking starts again.
It's like something is loose.
In the morning, when its cold outside, the knocking will be gone and all will be normal again.
Would the drop link, sump pump (that's what I think he said) be affected by the air con being on?
iscom   
Fri Jul 31 2020, 01:06pm
Member No: #20936
I would take it for a pre mot or MOT as it would cheaper than taking it to a dealer to have it diagnosed and would say it would be cheaper to be put right than at a dealer
vexorg   
Sat Aug 01 2020, 03:32am
Member No: #48843
If it can to it while the car is not moving it's a case of holding you hand over all the joints while someone rocks it to find.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member