or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

What does Citroën select warranty give? + Some other warranty questions

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
matrixstar   
Sun Jul 26 2020, 11:05am
Member No: #56291
Just wondering, is it comprehensive?

Is there anything that it doesn't cover?

One Citroën dealer says in their text: '2 years warranty £495 for mechanical warranty' - this is from a Citroën dealer, I definitely checked.
What I have read and heard (on YouTube) is that Citroën are notorious for electrical faults? So, something to be concerned about?

European cover - what does this cover? Citroen select gives full European cover. I want to go to Europe with the family if I buy. Just wondering if there was anything important that I should know.

Let's say I buy outside of a dealer. How can I get similar warranty cover? Is there anything that compares like for like?

What price should I pay for warranty cover?
£299? Is that fully comprehensive? One place I was thinking of buying from says their warranty cover is £400?

The warranty cover... Is it always offered? If I buy a 2015 car, will the same warranty offer be available in 2 years time?
gittos   
Sun Jul 26 2020, 12:12pm
Member No: #30055
I don’t know if anyone on here will be able to give you that sort of detail, you may be better going to the Citroen Warranty page on their website or phone a dealer, they will be able to give you the full info.
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 matrixstar (26 Jul 2020 : 19:03)
FrankBullitt   
Sun Jul 26 2020, 02:34pm

Member No: #19238
We really do need to merge all your threads together!

matrixstar wrote ...

Just wondering, is it comprehensive?

Is there anything that it doesn't cover?

One Citroën dealer says in their text: '2 years warranty £495 for mechanical warranty' - this is from a Citroën dealer, I definitely checked.

It may be from a Citroen dealer but it’s likely to be the dealer groups own warranty - my local dealer does something similar, I know Evans Halshaw do amongst others - just because they are a Citroen dealer doesn’t mean they won’t off the dealer-groups warranty.

Citroen Select is to full Citroen spec, other warranties may or may not be and you need to check the small print.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 matrixstar (26 Jul 2020 : 19:03)
Richard_C   
Sun Jul 26 2020, 03:21pm
Member No: #46470
If its a genuine Citroen select warranty this will help you:

- Click Here -

matrixstar   
Sun Jul 26 2020, 07:05pm
Member No: #56291
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll call Monday and ask.

That link is good to read. Only 1 pages.

I've been posting loads and always get super helpful replies.
Thanks.
vexorg   
Mon Jul 27 2020, 03:37am
Member No: #48843
I'd be wary of evans halshaw (vauxhall), cowboys at best when it comes to support. Where "lifetime" warranty suddenly became "we need to charge you for the investigation and then decide if it's a warranty matter".

Whereas Kia was almost unbelieveable in their warranty support, genuinely no quibble, point out something not right, they take it, fix it, hand it back.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member