or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Faulty Gearbox error message

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
healeddoughnut   
Sat Jul 25 2020, 11:45am
Member No: #31556
Hi all, hope we are keeping safe and well during this craziest of times.
I wonder if anyone can help me please?
I have started getting a "Faulty Gearbox" message come up on the dash of my Citroen C4 GP 1.6 auto. The car will not start at all now.
Does anyone have any fixes or ideas on what is causing this and what my best course of action should be.

Many thanks as always in advance.

Steve
routemaster1   
Sat Jul 25 2020, 12:05pm
Member No: #574
healeddoughnut wrote ...

Hi all, hope we are keeping safe and well during this craziest of times.
I wonder if anyone can help me please?
I have started getting a "Faulty Gearbox" message come up on the dash of my Citroen C4 GP 1.6 auto. The car will not start at all now.
Does anyone have any fixes or ideas on what is causing this and what my best course of action should be.

Many thanks as always in advance.

Steve

The car is not a traditional automatic, it is EGS, which is an automated manual. There is a good chance that the issue is leaking of the gearbox actuating fluid (not the gearbox oil).

If you go onto Youtube and search 'citroen egs actuator fluid' you may be able to find a video that may help.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member