or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Exterior alarm doesn't seem to work.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ktwyford   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 09:53am
Member No: #56549
Hello.
I have just got myself a 2017 Grand Picasso and I don't think the alarm is setting itself.
After I lock the car the alarm light flashes and the interior alarm sets properly, but the alarm doesn't go off if I try to open a door (unless it is unlocked). Can anyone confirm that the alarm should go off if I just pull at a door handle or shake the car? The place I bought it from told me that they think the alarm only goes off if someone actually opens a door, but reading the manual it sounds like it should go off if anyone tugs at a door handle. I read that some people have trouble with alarms going off in high winds, so that suggests that I should be able to set it off just by shaking the car.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken.
routemaster1   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 10:59am
Member No: #574
ktwyford wrote ...

Hello.
I have just got myself a 2017 Grand Picasso and I don't think the alarm is setting itself.
After I lock the car the alarm light flashes and the interior alarm sets properly, but the alarm doesn't go off if I try to open a door (unless it is unlocked). Can anyone confirm that the alarm should go off if I just pull at a door handle or shake the car? The place I bought it from told me that they think the alarm only goes off if someone actually opens a door, but reading the manual it sounds like it should go off if anyone tugs at a door handle. I read that some people have trouble with alarms going off in high winds, so that suggests that I should be able to set it off just by shaking the car.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken.

I can confirm that the alarm doesn't go off if the car is locked and you pull a handle. Mine hardly ever goes off, usually caused my mis-setting or by movement of, say, a moth moving in the car.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 ktwyford (23 Jul 2020 : 15:50)
Richard_C   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 01:47pm
Member No: #46470
Generally they don't go off with rocking, otherwise every car ferry, eurotunnel train and mountain top car park and parking enforcement car-napping wagon would sound like a herd of rutting wildebeest. Many but not all have a sensor which sets the alarm off if the angle changes materially - lifting 2 wheels onto a draggy-thing or hauling it up onto a car transporter. If you plan to steal a car, get a truck with a lift arm and slings so you can keep the car level.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 ktwyford (23 Jul 2020 : 15:50)
ktwyford   
Thu Jul 23 2020, 03:51pm
Member No: #56549
Thanks to both of you for replying.
I was a bit confused as the instruction manual mentions that the alarm goes off if anyone attempts to enter the car using a door handle or the boot or bonnet. This makes me think that you don't actually have to open the door for the alarm to go off.
Cheers,
Ken.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member