or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Buy older C4 Grand Picasso from Citroen dealer + have Citroen warranty?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
matrixstar   
Sun Jul 19 2020, 08:01pm
Member No: #56291
I asked a few questions on this forum and the general advice I got was buy EAT6 (that was when I was planning on getting an auto).
I was told: previous models have multiple issues.

Just wondering... if I bought an older vehicle, but got extended warranties, am I 100% covered for major faults? Is there anything NOT covered?

I saw a a few cars with Evans Halshaw. Are they a proper Citroen dealer?

Thanks.
BigJohnD   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 06:00am

Member No: #82
- Click Here -
Richard_C   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 07:52am
Member No: #46470
Previous versions of the auto (ETG) have issues, the car itself is fine. Sat Nav/traffic etc. not that good pre 2016 facelift though. Location London, if its Diesel make sure you get a Blue HDi Euro 6 to avoid ULEZ charges. Any petrol is OK.

A genuine Citroen dealer will give you a 'citroen select' warranty as long as the car is under a certain age, I think 5 years but check. The Citroen UK website will have details. Look under approved used cars and follow the "why buy form us" style links. Coverage is pretty good on the major mechanical items, but there is always the possibility of 'wear and tear' arguments - "but the clutch shouldn't be slipping after 25k miles" "ah yes sir but the clutch is a wear item so its not covered". You can get that with new car warranties as well.

Evans Halshaw are a very (very very...) big multi site multi brand dealership - some of their dealers will be Citroen, but others might just have the odd pre owned Citroen on the forecourt. The former will be able to offer the full Citroen select warranty, the others won't. Look on the Evans Halshaw whole group website, click the Citroen logo and it will show which are proper dealers.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 matrixstar (20 Jul 2020 : 08:13)
matrixstar   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 08:14am
Member No: #56291
Evans Halshaw have their own warranties.
Am I correct in saying that one would want a 'Citroen Select' warranty instead?

Going for a 2014 model may not be a good idea then? Since they may not want to give warranty cover after the first 12 months?

Thanks.
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jul 20 2020, 03:19pm

Member No: #19238
matrixstar wrote ...

Evans Halshaw have their own warranties.
Am I correct in saying that one would want a 'Citroen Select' warranty instead?

Going for a 2014 model may not be a good idea then? Since they may not want to give warranty cover after the first 12 months?

Thanks.

Their own warranty is not as good as Citroen Select Approved Used.

With the Citroen Select, you can extend the warranty.
Wutang   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 11:31am
Member No: #46858
The genuine Citroen warranty has to be taken out before the 3 year original expires unless it is applied by a Citroen dealer on an approved used car.

Can't speak for the Evans Halshaw warranty but as I missed taking out the Citroen one by 2 days I risked not having one for a year and then took out a comprehensive warranty with Allianz assist, cost £500 odd so not cheap but it has just paid out £5,200 in repairs (Knock sensor, Fuel Injectors, Header tank, Turbo pipe work, and top dash screen replacement.) No arguments with work done at my dealer. Mine is a 2.0 BlueHDi with EAT6 gearbox.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member