or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Sticky creaky gear lever 2017 C4 Flair

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
musicman68   
Sat Jul 18 2020, 06:17am
Member No: #56518
Hi All, Newbie to this site. Looks like a load of good info here. I have searched but cannot find a thread which will help. My car only had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it in Feb 2020. It was a "pool" car and hadn't moved in the last 12 Months. Amongst other "issues" was a Intermittent (depending on temp apparently) gear lever (manual box) that creaked and was really difficult to get into and extract out of 1st gear and hard to get from first to 2nd without crashing the box. I must say at this point I am retired and been driving since I was 17 so plenty of practice!!! The creaking is getting worse but my garage tells me that there is nothing wrong and they are "all like that". They previously sorted the clutch out because of lack of pedal travel to disengage the clutch (a known issue apparently) I have contacted the garage via a quite strongly worded email but I haven't had a reply. I feel I am getting the run around now but as the vehicle was such low mileage I really wouldn't expect the have these problems!!! Anyone else with similar issues that could give me some advise would be most welcome. Thank Norman
routemaster1   
Sat Jul 18 2020, 08:14am
Member No: #574
musicman68 wrote ...

Hi All, Newbie to this site. Looks like a load of good info here. I have searched but cannot find a thread which will help. My car only had 10,000 miles on it when I bought it in Feb 2020. It was a "pool" car and hadn't moved in the last 12 Months. Amongst other "issues" was a Intermittent (depending on temp apparently) gear lever (manual box) that creaked and was really difficult to get into and extract out of 1st gear and hard to get from first to 2nd without crashing the box. I must say at this point I am retired and been driving since I was 17 so plenty of practice!!! The creaking is getting worse but my garage tells me that there is nothing wrong and they are "all like that". They previously sorted the clutch out because of lack of pedal travel to disengage the clutch (a known issue apparently) I have contacted the garage via a quite strongly worded email but I haven't had a reply. I feel I am getting the run around now but as the vehicle was such low mileage I really wouldn't expect the have these problems!!! Anyone else with similar issues that could give me some advise would be most welcome. Thank Norman

If these were known issues I would have expected them to have been reported on this forum. As far as I know they haven't. They are definitely not 'all like that'. Certainly sounds like a clutch issue to me.
sarchnary   
Sat Jul 18 2020, 09:09am
Member No: #22312
They are not all like that, but some fails early for one reason or another, my 2015 showed early symptoms of clutch failure sometimes sticky gearbox or hard to put in gear another time was a strong smell of clutch burning, strong vibrations when going from 4th to 5th took back to my local dealer (they closed down now) dozen of times and left car with them day or two then I was assured it was all fine, my mistake was I didn’t take to second or third garage for other opinion, anyways clutch failed as car turned over three years no warranty, the issue was one of the injectors had issues and that caused the failure of DMF bearing and clutch CSC failed as well, clutch disc and pressure plate was still in good conditions, I did the replacements myself outside a friends drive.

Here’s my link

- Click Here -

Also same question on french car forums

- Click Here -

Driver the car it might fix itself, as non driven car for 12 months or more might cause bunch of issues

Go few local garages and get a written quote from them if it’s actually faulty and threaten the garage to take them to court if they don’t fix it

Take it back and ask for your money

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member