or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

2010 Grand C4 Picasso starting problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Kris_the_Joiner   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 07:13am
Member No: #52034
Hi.
I have a Citroen Picasso semi automatic. I have been having problems with it not starting just a clicking sound. It has even blown a fuse. After replacing the fuse it started and was OK for few days. Now it won't start, just click but not blown fuse this time. Left it for a few days and just went t see and it started then tried turning of and restarting on the spot about 10 times and it started every time. Drove it to a garage and it wouldn't start for them. I then had the starter motor removed and tested and has came back as fine. Several mechanics have looked at the car and plugged in their computers but now it's come down to scratching their head and guessing. They seem to think it could be starter ring/fly wheel. I understand it to be a pricey job had quotes of excess of £1,000. The cars probably not worth that so I'm at a crossroads.
Any advice?
Cheers
routemaster1   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 07:36am
Member No: #574
If the motor is fine and the battery OK, I would suggest you ensure that the engine earth is making good contact.
Kris_the_Joiner   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 08:43am
Hi.
Yes forgot to mention its had a new battery fitted in april.
I would have presumed the mechanics that have been looking at it would have checked the earth. But that check might have slipped through the net.

Is it an easy check that prehaps i could do myself?
BigJohnD   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 11:26am

Member No: #82
Get a second opinion.
Kris_the_Joiner   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 11:36am
I've spoken to another garage that have said to me they would be more inclined to swap the starter motor because off the car it might pass a test because it won't be under torque. More torque needed to turn the flywheel.
1 User said Thank You to Kris_the_Joiner for this Post :
 BigJohnD (17 Jul 2020 : 14:04)
GPGeorge   
Sun Jul 19 2020, 02:46pm
Member No: #44097
If your battery and starter are ok and all your earths are fine try looking behind the battery up in the top corner at the wiring loom where it bend around the corner coming towards you. Carefully unwrap the loom and check the wires haven’t swelled or broken. The culprit you’re looking for is the blue and white wire, this can cause this problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member