or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

My Citroen app doesn't show any driving data?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
c4-2020-pmd   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 06:52am
Member No: #56419
I bought a new ex-demo 2020 C4 Grand Spacetourer Flair Plus this weekend.

Downloaded the MyCitroen app and paired my iPhone to the car. I've entered the VIN In the app and app told me about a firmware update which I applied to the car. No issues.

However in the My Citroen app I don't get any driving data at all and it says I need to connect it to the car. The phone is connected to the car via BT and the car confirms it is connect (I can make calls etc).

If you look a the "manage my driving" section here:

- Click Here -

None of that info appears in the app.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I also notice that the "Connect Apps" section (next to Car Play/Android Auto) just takes me to "settings" and doesn't show the apps like "fuel prices", "weather" etc.

Any ideas on any of this?
routemaster1   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 07:17am
Member No: #574
Have you tried connecting via a usb lead? My Samsung phone is paired to our C3 via Bluetooth, so I can make calls wirelessly, but the Android Auto only works when usb is connected.
gittos   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 07:18am
Member No: #30055
Try re-installing the App.
c4-2020-pmd   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 07:47am
Yeah I have uinstalled, removed BT connection, reinstalled app - same problem.

Also tried via CarPlay (USB connection) and Carplay works but app still never updates with the driving info etc.

I'm completely baffled.
gittos   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 09:29am
Member No: #30055
Are you trying to view info whilst car is running, I’m not sure if it only shows updated journey info after you switch off the ignition.

Also, you should get a green banner at the top of your phone screen saying something like “connected to car”, my iPhone does.
c4-2020-pmd   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 10:20am
Yeah car is running, been on trips in car with phone connected etc, but correct the app doesn't have the green banner showing connected to car.

But phone is connected to the cars BT and I can make calls etc.
c4-2020-pmd   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 10:23am
Does anyone know a way to complete factory reset the entire entertainment/nav system to defaults? i.e. start again as if the car was brand new? I tried factory reset but that hasn'thelped.
Richard_C   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 03:15pm
Member No: #46470
I used the android version but updates kept breaking it so I gave up early in 2019. Suppose I should give it another go.

I do recall that it was more reliable if you had the phone on and the app open before you started the car, but that required active memory (mine, not the phone's). I know nothing of iOS, but is there something in (the phone's) power or battery management settings that lets you tell it which apps can run in background?
c4-2020-pmd   
Tue Jul 14 2020, 02:50am
I case this helps anyone else in the future it turns out that:

a) I had not enabled telematrics activation in the services-store.citroen.co.uk web site for my account

b) Did the above and left it for 24 hours then, removed my phone from BT connection, uninstalled and reinstalled the My Citroen app, logged in and set that app up, then connected phone to car via BT and this time it all worked.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member