or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Pollen Filter

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
niggly56   
Sun May 08 2016, 04:13am
Member No: #41618
Just bought a replacement Bosch pollen filter for my 2015 C4P.
I have done them before on C4Ps but this new one has me foxed.
I cannot see how to remove the trim in the drivers footwell to access the filter- if indeed that is where it still is!
Has anyone attempted it on the newer model and if so- any tips and guidance on how to do it?
bluehdi   
Sun May 08 2016, 04:23am
Member No: #2617
You can find a PDF by using the following link.

- Click Here -

Use the Car icon initially and then drill down from there to manufacturer etc. The PDF seems to show the first generation C4 Picasso, but lower down it refers to C4 Picasso II.

I seem to recall reading that it is quite fiddly on the B78 C4P/GP. I also have the official Citroen instructions somewhere which I'll try and locate.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 niggly56 (08 May 2016 : 06:44)
niggly56   
Sun May 08 2016, 06:47am
Thanks for the link bluehdi.
Am I correct in thinking the filter is still on the rhs, given the pictures show a LHD model?
If so- the trim around the centre console and the underside trim all look different to the pictures. I am reluctant to start pulling plastic trim if I don't know exactly how it's affixed.
bluehdi   
Sun May 08 2016, 06:53am
Member No: #2617
I've dropped the official guide over to Wozza (Admin) to convert to a PDF and make available in the C4owners library.

When I looked at the photos from the Mann Filter website link/PDF, I also wasn't sure they were right either!
niggly56   
Sun May 08 2016, 08:24am
Thanks bluehdi.
Can you tell me when and how I can access this document?
niggly56   
Sun May 15 2016, 02:18pm
Finally got round to doing the job last night and it was pretty straightforward as Citroen jobs go!
I purchased a Bosch branded two part filter set from Eurocarparts for a bargain £11 on offer. IIRC the Citroen service cost for filter replacement is £60.
The one fitted to my car from new was a charcoal impregnated version, and I may decide to replace the Bosch standard filter with a charcoal one since I have noticed an increase in fumes inside the car with this standard filter.
This is the procedure I followed:
All actions performed in driver footwell of UK RHD vehicle.
A really bright torch is recommended!
Pulled the dash side moulding off gently by hand. Pulled the front map holder section off the same way.
This left a frame with around six screw fasteners.
I then removed the lower section above the pedals, held with the plastic clips and disconnected the footwell light connector (plug on the right side of the light housing).
Removing the six screws from the frame and pulling gently forward at the top right and left I moved it down and away and let it hang on the wiring loom attached to it.
I could then see the cover for the filters. I then unclipped the cover and removed the upper filter by pulling the tab. The lower filter was then raised up and removed the same way.
Putting the new filters in was awkward, but I managed it by sliding them behind the steering column and curving them gently and guiding into position.
Take care to leave both tabs together (ie lower filter tap uppermost, upper filter tab downward).
Assembly, as they say, is the reverse of removal.
This was on my 2014 build C4P Exclusive + and other models may have slight variations in build, but should generally be the same.
4 User said Thank You to niggly56 for this Post :
 hshawarby (03 Oct 2016 : 03:26) , kyojitsu (14 Oct 2016 : 06:49) , johnnybee (18 Nov 2016 : 10:36) , jsg1163 (25 Jan 2019 : 05:20)
johnnybee   
Fri Nov 18 2016, 10:41am
Member No: #11981
Been looking for these pesky filters for weeks. Even returned the new one i'd bought for a refund. Need to buy again now!!.
johnnybee   
Wed Dec 14 2016, 05:17am
Member No: #11981
Thanks to niggly56's post I have just changed the pollen filters. One thing that helps a lot when removing the plastic trim is a "door trim removal tool". As my Picasso has an ETG auto box I also removed the bracket for the clutch pedal and what a difference it made to removing and refitting the filters, hardly any hassle at all. One thing I did notice the filters I used were one directional air flow only so you couldn't put the top filter in with the tag at the bottom, otherwise it would be in back to front.Maybe that was because I bought them from Europarts on the cheap.!!
I also changed the fuel filter at the same time. It's situated underneath the cover around the Oil Filler Cap and at the back of the Oil Filler. Much easier than the Pre 2013 models and there's loads of video's on "You Tube" of how to do it, unfortunately none are in English but at least you can follow the procedure.
1 User said Thank You to johnnybee for this Post :
 kyojitsu (09 Jan 2017 : 10:41)
robmills1973   
Tue May 05 2020, 08:12am
Member No: #51257
Hi I'm in the process of ordering a pollen filters for my 14 plate C4GP. On ecp they have 2 different sizes listed. Does anyone remember the size of the filters they installed? Cheers
sarchnary   
Thu Jun 11 2020, 09:36am
Member No: #22312
Eveytime I do this on my cars there is always some cuts to my knuckles and hands as it’s so hard to get into the grand Picasso 7 seaters I’ve seen the others are changed from the engine side, that would have been much easier if these cars were like that as well
gittos   
Thu Jun 11 2020, 02:01pm
Member No: #30055
Consequence of a left hand drive car with a half assed right hand drive conversion (no pedals in the way in lhd)
maverick54   
Wed Jul 08 2020, 11:18am
Member No: #54749
Hi going to do this job myself.

When you have pulled off the front panel beneath the steering wheel, do you have to disconnect the 4 electrical connectors and remove the 6 torx screws to remove the rear panel?

danlat1415   
Wed Jul 08 2020, 11:51am
Member No: #48933
No.
Don't disconnect any wires, the trim come down around them.
Only thing that stays is the footwell light. You can disconnect that if needed.

It's difficult to get the right angles to put the new filters in without bending them out of shape.

A very good tip is to release the steering wheel height adjuster, so the wheel moves up and down freely, which lets the steering column move so you get more room.
maverick54   
Wed Jul 08 2020, 01:39pm
Member No: #54749
Thank you and thanks for the tip much appreciated.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member