or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Lexia 3 Engine running or not?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
maverick54   
Sun Jun 28 2020, 05:00pm
Member No: #54749
Did my first scan of the car yesterday using Diagbox/Lexia.

I performed the scan with the engine running as I didn't want it to go into eco mode and shut down part way through. Half way through the scan it asked me to turn the ignition off and then back on again at which point I restarted the engine.

The scan completed ok but I was worried that restarting the engine while connected to the program may have caused me a problem

Is this the correct way to run a scan on the B78? If ever I'm parked up with the engine switched off and the radio on it goes into eco mode and shuts off after about 3 - 5 minutes.

Thanks
sarchnary   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 03:13pm
Member No: #22312
You scan with engine off, as while engine running some of the scans comes back as error no communications with Ecu
Best is to drive and have good charge on battery then do the scan
Once you learn more about how to use it, then you can go into repair mode there it’ll ask you to run the engine in certain parts when you do like dpf regen, and other engine parts and pollutions control etc.
If work at night I switch the car headlights to parking light only as that’ll dim the dashboard and save battery.
Switch Off fans radios etc

If am mistaken or missed anything pls correct me this is how I’ve done it many times no issues but I would like to learn more if better way out there
1 User said Thank You to sarchnary for this Post :
 maverick54 (30 Jun 2020 : 16:04)
maverick54   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 04:08pm
Member No: #54749
Thanks for the info. The scan did indeed come back as error no communications with ECU messages and I just thought it couldn't read some of the ECU's for some reason but didn't know why.

Thanks for the advice.
sarchnary   
Thu Jul 02 2020, 02:47pm
Member No: #22312
You very welcome, it’s a good practice to take a screenshot of the error messages and codes before clearing them, to search for what causes the problem, if it’s just a simple error clearing will sort it or they go away by themselves after few start or short drive, but If they keep coming back then search for the codes here and might need to replace the faulty part.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member