or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Intermittent power loss Diesel 2010

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Zavodmiru   
Sun Jun 28 2020, 08:07am
Member No: #56363
2010 Citroen C4 HDi 2.0 ...no fault codes. Car will drive fine for a few days, then will have power failure ...from memory never happens at speed but often if I am pulling away from a stop the car will just crawl away at 5km/hr for what seems likes a few seconds then will burst into life ...it might not do it again that trip or it might do it several times in a trip. I'm not sure if it occuring more in cold weather or its just occuring now here in our winter because earlier today 10km trip without a problem then tonight temp dropped a few degrees it did it four times in as many kilometres. If I pull over switch off ignition and restart often it will improve at that instance. Hard to replicate for people unless they are in the car when in happens and no fault codes that I know of.
Coliliqui   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 06:53am
Member No: #32746
Kinda sounds like a sticky EGR valve; when it happens do you have to give it some extra beans to get off the line? It happened to me in a Peugeot 307 (same engine as my current C4) and had to rev the bejesus out of it to pull away from lights etc.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member