or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Service parts- BEST | AVERAGE | WORST

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jsg1163   
Fri Jun 26 2020, 06:35pm
Member No: #50650
Hello.

I have C4 Grand Picasso 2014, 1.6 e-HDI, Diesel, Exclusive Plus, Air Dream.

Getting full service soon and need some advice on what are the best, average and worst brands to buy and avoid.

I want to buy everything and pay for the labour to get full service done, at least I know what is going in my car.

Looking for:

1. Engine Oil- I'll use the recommended Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5W30 Fully Synthetic
2. Air filter
3. Fuel filter
4. Pollen filter
5. Oil filter
6. Front Brake pads
7. Front Disc
8. Rear Brake pads
9. Rear Disc
10. Brake fluid

If you could provide original manufacturer details and advise where to get these from, that will be great and it will save time in future.

Thank you in advance.
Magistrate   
Sat Jun 27 2020, 12:49am
Member No: #1731
Ihave always found Citroens own fixed price servicing for cars over 3 years to be excellent, a cheaper price than many independant garages. They will use approved parts and as you have a brake fluid change on your list Lexia will be needed to open the ABS blocks. There are any number of pattern part available from reputable motor factors but the experience of many here is that using non original oil filters can lead to problems.
BigJohnD   
Sat Jun 27 2020, 05:04am

Member No: #82
I agree with John.

If you have a friendly Citroen dealer, they are likely to check for and install any software updates. In the past my dealer enabled additional ports on the radio free of charge and replaced failed light bulbs for the cost of the lamp.
jsg1163   
Sat Jun 27 2020, 12:10pm
Member No: #50650
I just phoned the Citroen main dealer in Birmingham and I was quoted £279 for major service Plus £229 for the front discs and brake pads and £279 for the rear discs and brake pads and another £199 for the air-con service and regas. That is a total of £986 and using old genuine Citroen parts.

After getting this quotation, I know what I'm going to do about it. From my experience as I said before it's always cheaper for me to get my own parts either genuine or approved and get it serviced from my regular mechanic and pay for the Labour only I'm sure the major service with good quality parts, both front and rear discs and pads and the air-con service and regas everything can be done between £300 to £400. There is a big massive difference between this cost and and they cost given by the Citroen dealer.
gittos   
Sat Jun 27 2020, 03:15pm
Member No: #30055
Your air con regas will cost £150-200 at most places as it is much more expensive gas than the older one.
iscom   
Sun Jun 28 2020, 04:42am
Member No: #20936
I normaly get the services done by Citroen dealer but other things such as brakes air con etc by none citroen garages the only problen I have found when ordering parts their are so many part numbers for the same item
DeuxChevaux   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 02:50am
Member No: #16472
jsg1163 wrote ...

I just phoned the Citroen main dealer in Birmingham and I was quoted £279 for major service Plus £229 for the front discs and brake pads and £279 for the rear discs and brake pads and another £199 for the air-con service and regas. That is a total of £986 and using old genuine Citroen parts.

I always do my own servicing - I use genuine oil filters and branded name (brembo, borg and beck, EBC etc) brake components. With the above quoted prices I don't think I could afford a car, makes me realise how much I am saving. (I did start in the motor industry in the 1960's thankfully so am competent)
1 User said Thank You to DeuxChevaux for this Post :
 jsg1163 (29 Jun 2020 : 03:16)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member