or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Goodbye and thank you

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MetroMan   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 04:16am
Member No: #42115
Hi All,
I'll be trading in my B78 C4 Picasso next week and would like to thank you all for your help over the last few years. I'll be sorry to see it go but after some significant engine problems last year and again earlier this year its time to look elsewhere.
I still think that in this segment nothing comes close to these cars for space, practicality and (in the excl+) accomodation, they are a real step up from the previous version and cannot understand what Citroen were thinking when they discontinued in favour of the aircross.

Unfortunately ours developed injector problems(known fault) and hence it makes sense to move on whilst residuals are still reasonable.

I'll probably still pop by from time to time, but for now thanks

2 User said Thank You to MetroMan for this Post :
 bluehdi (19 Jun 2020 : 06:19) , BigJohnD (19 Jun 2020 : 07:11)
iscom   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 05:33am
Member No: #20936
Would like to wish you all the best with your new car . .it's unfortunate that you have such problems wheres as many don't but I am sure other cars have there problems and the vast majority don't . . lets hope you made the right decision
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 MetroMan (19 Jun 2020 : 05:46)
MetroMan   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 05:52am
Yes I've really enjoyed owning this car and as its now repaired it'll make someone a cracking family motor. Things I won't miss are the dealers and Citroen UK, they really let the ownership experience down.
If it hadn't been for knowing someone reasonably high up in the Citroen hierarchy we would have had no financial assistance at all with the repairs, despite FSH etc.
BigJohnD   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 07:22am

Member No: #82
MetroMan wrote ...
Things I won't miss are the dealers and Citroen UK, they really let the ownership experience down.

I couldn't agree more, and they're the reason I no longer have a Citroen. I wanted to move to one of the last C5 Estates - their website said they had 3 or 4 - but the salesman wanted me to buy a DS5, tellng me I didn't need an estate car, so I walked out. Servicing had generally been OK but then I never had too much to ask for beyond the routine servicing. They were always keen to sell finance deals and their tyres were not only not Michelins but a more expensive (unknown to me) brand.

In the end I got a very nice 7 speed DSG Skoda Octavia diesel. It could and should have been a 2017 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi VTR+.
Richard_C   
Mon Jun 22 2020, 05:52am
Member No: #46470
We have 2 Citroens and expect 2 - 3 more years before they move on, but they will be our last. We are fortunate to have a decent authorised service agent nearby, at least for now, but they were once a full dealer. The other Cambridge area dealership closed their Citroen franchise. They were pretty terrible but at least existed. Its miles to anywhere else.

I think they screwed the franchises when they insisted them on becoming either Citroen or DS - and if the latter they had to invest heavily in fancy showrooms etc. They took the profitable lines out of the mainstream, are a generation late in bringing new stuff to market and DS volumes are too low to make anybody money. Remember when DS3 was fashionable, they sell a handful now.

If you look at dealer satisfaction surveys in trade publications - how happy dealers are with the manufacturer/distributor - Citroen is normally in the bottom 5.

I've had Citroens from the interesting ones (2CV, BX, Xantia) through to today but I don't blame anyone for leaving the brand. I will soon.
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jun 22 2020, 06:52am

Member No: #19238
Needing a medium sized diesel car (not SUV) that can tow a caravan, Citroen should be at the top of my list but sadly not at the moment. Agree with Richard on the local dealer (they were the ones I used) whose service was exceptional but sadly they are now part of a large group that I refuse to give a penny to - there aren’t any other decent options for us.

I can see the Passat being replaced by a Peugeot 508, mind.
MetroMan   
Tue Jun 23 2020, 09:45am
I've found a dealer for my new car that I think will be a trustworthy and reliable partner for the future, not in my own city though and I did my research prior to purchasing. The dealer here just wasn't giving the right vibes and if I have to rely on them for servicing etc. that isn't a good start.Such a shame that it seems to be a common theme amongst Citroen customers as the cars are superb.
Anyhow come Saturday it won't be a concern for me anymore.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member