or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Slot in front doors of 2014 C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
NorthernStar   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 11:43am
Member No: #56177
Anyone know what these two pegs and turning slot are for?
- Click Here -
sarchnary   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 07:49am
Member No: #22312
The pins are there to hold the locking mechanism in place when assembling, however I fiddled with that turn plastic inside, which looks like the child safety locks at the back doors exactly, I don’t know what these are for? All doors have them and if you turn it it’ll lock the door and it won’t let it open from the outside and it can only be opened from the inside and this one time only, as if you press lock and unlock from the remote it’ll go back to normal. I am assuming this for servicing or when the car is at garage? Or what is it for? Or to show if the locks works manually when at assembly line because at this stage there’s no battery or electrical so car won’t be recalled later on for fixing, I remember working at 206 assembly line in Coventry and when a car had a fault and needed fixing the whole line was in trouble, as it slows them down and you had to walk to someone else’s boundary and stop them from assembling their disengaged parts. There were two guys on each side one do the passenger side one do the driver side, both had Bits to put on the car, then the boundary line changes colour and then there were the other guys, good days and memories
1 User said Thank You to sarchnary for this Post :
 NorthernStar (08 Jun 2020 : 07:31)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member