or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Fluid level critical what pouch?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
c4lover   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 04:23am
Member No: #56204
Hi everyone

On my dash I have Fluid level critical.

It seems I need a fuel additive pouch that goes under the car.

My problem is I'm confused as to what pouch I need or even if I can just buy fluid in a bottle to top it up.

My car is C4 GRAND PICASSO VTR+HDI 1560CC 2012

I can get a local garage to fit it fill it......

but I need to know exactly what to get a pouch? bottle fluid what? and if a pouch what one?

plus I am told need proper citreon software to turn off the service light when its done..

I have read through on here but still don't know my in number is VF7UA9HR8BJ821212

I think its a pouch but now confused as different colours on tube like green and blue and different fluid....

please help

cheers
gittos   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 08:49am
Member No: #30055
The fluid in the pouch is Eolys fluid, if you do a search at the top of the page you’re sure to find lots of info on the different types of fluid. You will need Lexia/Diagbox software to reset the system or the car won’t know that you have fitted a full pouch, it will still think it’s empty.
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 c4lover (05 Jun 2020 : 10:49)
c4lover   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 10:50am
Is it only Citroen dealers that have that software?

OK I'll look for the bags with that fluid.

Cheers.

vexorg   
Sat Jun 06 2020, 04:10am
Member No: #48843
Ebay can also help reset the message.

Not sure exactly for your car, but the DS4 has the pouch in a box up on the rear wheel arch behind the wheel.
1 User said Thank You to vexorg for this Post :
 c4lover (07 Jun 2020 : 02:59)
DeuxChevaux   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 02:46am
Member No: #16472
Don't know where you are but I would get an independant Citroen/Peugeot garage to do the job, its easy to swap the fluid container, or fill it, its harder to get the correct eolys fluid for your model as there are several different types and unless you have the correct software you cannot tell the car that it has been refilled. If you look at the top of this page and click on service reviews it will take you to a list of both main dealers and independents which may help you find one
1 User said Thank You to DeuxChevaux for this Post :
 c4lover (07 Jun 2020 : 02:59)
c4lover   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 03:01am
DeuxChevaux wrote ...

Don't know where you are but I would get an independant Citroen/Peugeot garage to do the job, its easy to swap the fluid container, or fill it, its harder to get the correct eolys fluid for your model as there are several different types and unless you have the correct software you cannot tell the car that it has been refilled. If you look at the top of this page and click on service reviews it will take you to a list of both main dealers and independents which may help you find one

That's the thing I can't afford the garage price looking for a cheap alternative on Ebay or online then I can get local guy to fit it.

for site like europarts they ask for your reg number so guessing I'll get right pouch.....
sarchnary   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 05:50am
Member No: #22312
You can fit it yourself, and ask around here someone might have diagbox software and lives near you and do the reset free or for a small charge, I’ve done mine myself in the past and went to a guy on here local to me to reset, then I bought a laptop with the software and obd connector as I’ve been driving Citroen for years and I thought it would save me a lot of time and worry to look for diagnostics.
DeuxChevaux   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 04:38pm
Member No: #16472
c4lover wrote ...

That's the thing I can't afford the garage price looking for a cheap alternative on Ebay or online then I can get local guy to fit it.

for site like europarts they ask for your reg number so guessing I'll get right pouch.....

If you can't afford to maintain the car then maybe you shouldn't have it!
vexorg   
Mon Jun 08 2020, 06:22am
Oooh, controversial
verycleverman   
Mon Jun 08 2020, 08:22am
Member No: #46275
DeuxChevaux wrote ...

If you can't afford to maintain the car then maybe you shouldn't have it!e

I imagine that in the current economic climate there will be a lot of people who cannot afford to maintain their cars. We are not aware of their financial circumstances but a lot of people are suffering until they can get back to regular employment. I don't think we should judge.

Pete.
c4lover   
Sat Aug 08 2020, 07:53am
vexorg wrote ...

Ebay can also help reset the message.

Not sure exactly for your car, but the DS4 has the pouch in a box up on the rear wheel arch behind the wheel.

how will ebay help reset the message?
c4lover   
Sat Aug 08 2020, 07:56am
DeuxChevaux wrote ...

c4lover wrote ...

Thats the thing I can't afford the garage pric'e looking for a cheap alternative on Ebay or online then I can get local guy to fit it.

If you can't afford to maintain the car then maybe you shouldn't have it!

yeah thanks pal
vexorg   
Sat Aug 08 2020, 03:33pm
c4lover wrote ...

how will ebay help reset the message?

Buy the Lexia Diagbox thing.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member