or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Rear doors won't open on 2014 C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
NorthernStar   
Mon Jun 01 2020, 11:32am
Member No: #56177
Hi all,
i have the C4 7 seater Grand Picasso Mk2 2014.
when I open the car with the fob it only opens the driver's door. The front passenger door will only open from inside but the two rear doors don't open from inside or out, they are completely locked. It's really annoying. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 05:32am

Member No: #82
a) Check the child locks on the rear doors
b) Check your "Settings" for what action is taken when using the key fob. There's a choice between "Driver's door only" and "All doors".
Richard_C   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 09:47am
Member No: #46470
As above.

Its mainly a US/Canada thing, some people prefer to have just the drivers door unlock so that bigly bad villains can't leap in, hold a gum to your head and say "drive me to Cuba" or do you other damage. Every car I've hired in North America since way back in the 80s has been set up that way.

I can see that driver door unlock only would be attractive to some even in the mostly unarmed UK , dark mornings, street or car park, travelling alone.

The counter argument is that its better to unlock all at once so your family can leap in promptly to be safe from marauding wolves. Perhaps they should call the settings "New York" and "Montana".

On some cars (Picasso even?) press will unlock, press and hold will unlock all even if the drivers door only option is selected.

It is configurable. Driving Assistance-Vehicle settings.

routemaster1   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 09:55am
Member No: #574
Richard_C wrote ...

As above.

Its mainly a US/Canada thing, some people prefer to have just the drivers door unlock so that bigly bad villains can't leap in, hold a gum to your head and say "drive me to Cuba" or do you other damage. Every car I've hired in North America since way back in the 80s has been set up that way.

I can see that driver door unlock only would be attractive to some even in the mostly unarmed UK , dark mornings, street or car park, travelling alone.

The counter argument is that its better to unlock all at once so your family can leap in promptly to be safe from marauding wolves. Perhaps they should call the settings "New York" and "Montana".

On some cars (Picasso even?) press will unlock, press and hold will unlock all even if the drivers door only option is selected.

It is configurable. Driving Assistance-Vehicle settings.

Don't forget you also have the capability to set the car so that the doors lock shortly after starting to move. All the loan cars I have had have had this enabled. I don't feel unsafe where we are, and auto-locking does annoy me, so mine are always disabled. (one long press on the button to disable, another long press to re-enable).
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 04:23pm

On my C4, a long press on the lock button closes all the windows.
NorthernStar   
Wed Jun 03 2020, 02:22pm
BigJohnD wrote ...

a) Check the child locks on the rear doors
b) Check your "Settings" for what action is taken when using the key fob. There's a choice between "Driver's door only" and "All doors".

On the child locks, I can't check them until I get the doors open.

in the settings are you talking about the Plip action? I tried what somebody else said that Unchecking this feature would do the trick but it didn't work and in fact when I pressed to unlock the doors they all stayed locked so I had to tick that box again so the driver's door would open.
gittos   
Wed Jun 03 2020, 11:08pm
Member No: #30055
The child locks are on a button on the drivers door arm rest.
BigJohnD   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 04:37am

NorthernStar wrote ...

in the settings are you talking about the Plip action? I tried what somebody else said that Unchecking this feature would do the trick but it didn't work and in fact when I pressed to unlock the doors they all stayed locked so I had to tick that box again so the driver's door would open.

Yes, the Plip options. I'm not sure exactly what they are on your C4.

Does the lock/unlock button on the dash operate correctly?
gittos   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 05:50am
Press on the car symbol to the left of the screen - then on the screen press vehicle access - then turn door lock driver only to off
NorthernStar   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 01:09pm
gittos wrote ...

The child locks are on a button on the drivers door arm rest.

Is that for the MK2 C4GP from 2013 onwards ? on my drivers door the buttons are only for the windows & mirrors.
NorthernStar   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 01:13pm
BigJohnD wrote ...

NorthernStar wrote ...

Yes, the Plip options. I'm not sure exactly what they are on your C4.

Does the lock/unlock button on the dash operate correctly?

Yes the lock/unlock button on the dash operates fine and you can hear all the locks clunking but the back doors stay locked and the front passenger door can only be opened from inside.
NorthernStar   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 01:23pm
gittos wrote ...

Press on the car symbol to the left of the screen - then on the screen press vehicle access - then turn door lock driver only to off

Hi, thanks for that.
is this for the C4GP Mk2 2013 onwards ?
routemaster1   
Thu Jun 04 2020, 01:36pm
Member No: #574
NorthernStar wrote ...

gittos wrote ...

Hi, thanks for that.
is this for the C4GP Mk2 2013 onwards ?

Yes it is. The previous version doesn't have a screen.
NorthernStar   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 12:20pm
gittos wrote ...

Hi, i tried that and there was no instructions to do it. see photos of what i get on the screen.
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
- Click Here -
And do you know what this is for behind the wiper stalk
- Click Here -
gittos   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 01:41pm
That turns off the volumetric internal sensors for the alarm (the ones on the windscreen pillars), so that only opening a door will activate the alarm, and not movement within the car.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member