or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Is this a tow bar? Can I use it for a bike rack?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Itchigo27   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 04:15am
Member No: #52604

As the pictures, looking around the underside of the car and noticed this. Never had a tow bar before, assuming it's a removable one?
Thanks
FrankBullitt   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 06:15am

Member No: #19238
Yes it is, the grey piece pulls out and the demountable tow bar slots up into it. Have a scout around the car and you might find it (under a floor or in a locker), but you’ll need the key to lock it which is part of the towbar mechanism.

If you can’t find the bar but can find the make they will be able to send you a replacement - it looks like a Tow Trust (TT) but I couldn’t guarantee it. You’ll need a rack that goes over the tow ball not a flange-type rack.

Finally, check if the electrics are 13-pin or 7-pin; if the latter a bike rack is plug and play, if the former you need a converter. We have a Thule bike rack that goes on ours (13 pin for the caravan but with a 7-pin converter) and they are superb.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 Itchigo27 (02 Jun 2020 : 07:09)
Itchigo27   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 11:50am

Itchigo27   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 11:57am
There we go, for anyone interested what it looks like with the bumper cover off. I've checked around the car and unfortunately can't find the swan neck tow bar though.. so need to find out what model I need. Thanks again
FrankBullitt   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 04:02pm

Member No: #19238
It’s a Tow Trust with 7-pin.

Ring TT, they are massively helpful and if you give them the details on the sticker they will send you a replacement ball (at a cost!). The 70kg ‘S-value’ is the nose weight, that’s more than up to the job of a bike rack.

Struck gold!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member