or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Rear doors won't open on 2014 C4GP

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
NorthernStar   
Fri Jun 05 2020, 05:49pm
Member No: #56177
gittos wrote ...

That turns off the volumetric internal sensors for the alarm (the ones on the windscreen pillars), so that only opening a door will activate the alarm, and not movement within the car.

Did you see the photos of what i get on the screen for Unlocking the doors.
There doesn't seem to be any option to Unlock all the doors rather than just the drivers door, it doesnt make sense.
sarchnary   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 07:14am
Member No: #22312
Press on the car symbol to the left of the screen - then on the screen press vehicle access - then turn door lock driver only to off

Once you untick the driver only plip action
Touch confirm
Then Touch finished

You should hear a click from rear doors and they get unlocked

If this fails try and do these steps with the engine running for a while so it comes out of power saving mode.

If these fails then there might be wiring damage or fuses issues if they do have individual fuses for rear doors am not sure, someone might know.

Has the car ever suffered from water damage or floods?
sarchnary   
Sun Jun 07 2020, 08:17am
What about the central locking button on the dashboard? What happens when you press that to lock and unlock the doors? Have someone sitting inside and press lock and unlock to see if you hear anything from the rear doors on the outside. Or press the remote control unlock more than once from outside.
NorthernStar   
Mon Jun 08 2020, 07:20am
sarchnary wrote ...

What about the central locking button on the dashboard? What happens when you press that to lock and unlock the doors? Have someone sitting inside and press lock and unlock to see if you hear anything from the rear doors on the outside. Or press the remote control unlock more than once from outside.

tried both those things and back doors are still locked even though you can hear the locks clunking with the central locking.
NorthernStar   
Mon Jun 08 2020, 07:23am
sarchnary wrote ...

Press on the car symbol to the left of the screen - then on the screen press vehicle access - then turn door lock driver only to off

Once you untick the driver only plip action
Touch confirm
Then Touch finished

You should hear a click from rear doors and they get unlocked

If this fails try and do these steps with the engine running for a while so it comes out of power saving mode.

If these fails then there might be wiring damage or fuses issues if they do have individual fuses for rear doors am not sure, someone might know.

Has the car ever suffered from water damage or floods?

Ive tried those things and nothing works. and no the car hasnt been in water.
sarchnary   
Mon Jun 08 2020, 07:07pm
Could it be the doors are stuck? Can you apply a bit of force to pull it? If the rear door locks clunking, could it be something come loose inside the door? There’s a cable that works on the door handles, not sure if it’s two or just one cable for inside and outside.
If child safety are on then inside won’t work and we don’t know the answer until door is open.
NorthernStar   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 05:30am
sarchnary wrote ...

Could it be the doors are stuck? Can you apply a bit of force to pull it? If the rear door locks clunking, could it be something come loose inside the door? There’s a cable that works on the door handles, not sure if it’s two or just one cable for inside and outside.
If child safety are on then inside won’t work and we don’t know the answer until door is open.

No it's none of those.
I took the door panels off and managed to open both doors from the lock unit inside.
I then removed both door locks and found there are two drive motors for each lock and when tested, only the lock motor is working; the unlock ones make a click but wont unlock so it's going to need two upgraded door lock units. But for now I've set both doors with the central locking off then unplugged the electrical plug.
I can now open both doors from inside and out but they don't lock anymore. It's a security risk but nothing I can do about it for now.
1 User said Thank You to NorthernStar for this Post :
 BigJohnD (10 Jun 2020 : 07:10)
sarchnary   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 01:19pm
I was just about to message you today to say you can remove the door carts and check inside. You know the inside doors switch you were talking about at the other post, maybe if you turn that with the screw driver it’ll allow it to lock for one time only, as that what it does in my car just to keep it safe for now.

I once had a similar issue rear doors won’t lock, what I did was I got a a cargo ratchet strap and put it through the metal of the doors and tightened it by cranking it or whatever the term is, and doors were locked amazingly and won’t move at all.
1 User said Thank You to sarchnary for this Post :
 NorthernStar (10 Jun 2020 : 17:53)
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member