or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Exclusive Plus Diesel Auto.2013 Onwards Features

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
charlesalmond   
Sat May 30 2020, 11:38am
Member No: #48991
Are predictive cruise control and xenon headlights an included feature on these cars ?
If not can xenon headlights be added as an accessory?

Many Thanks
iscom   
Sat May 30 2020, 01:27pm
Member No: #20936
Depends what model.. Mine has predictive cruise control andheadlights with twin power headlight washers

1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 charlesalmond (01 Jun 2020 : 05:28)
FrankBullitt   
Sat May 30 2020, 03:09pm

Member No: #19238
charlesalmond wrote ...

Are predictive cruise control and xenon headlights an included feature on these cars ?
If not can xenon headlights be added as an accessory?

Many Thanks

Adaptive cruise was fitted from launch but removed at some point (I think 2015), Xenon’s were never fitted as standard but you could probably retro fit them as they are low output so don’t need washers or auto levelling
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 charlesalmond (01 Jun 2020 : 05:28)
routemaster1   
Sun May 31 2020, 02:39am
Member No: #574
My May 2015 has the adaptive cruise, so 15 reg ones are likely to have it, 65 reg ones may not. The removal may or may not coincide with the 2016 facelift. Some cars may have xenons, iirc it was a fairly expensive option.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 charlesalmond (31 May 2020 : 10:08)
bluehdi   
Sun May 31 2020, 04:30am
Member No: #2617
I keep all the Citroen price guide PDF's for the whole range going back for many years now, and still continue to keep new ones every month.

Just checking through the monthly PDF's, Exclusive+ models factory exiting (not already built/or from dealer stock) from May 2015, did not have the adaptive cruise installed as standard, as a change was made to the spec and it then became part of the extra cost Serenity pack (in the UK). Many owners were irritated by this alteration, expecting adaptive radar cruise and not getting it. Prior to this, it had been standard fit on the Exclusive+.

The adaptive cruise at that time used engine braking, so personally I didn't always find it that smooth. I always found it was a little odd in operation. My current new Peugeot 3008 has a different type of cruise (active), that also applies the brakes and will stop the car completely and restart if required. This is much improved.

A change was later made to allow the driver to switch between adaptive and normal cruise. This came in for vehicles produced towards the end of 2014.

At that time, from launch, Xenons were a £750 option, which I also had on my own C4GP.

It'll be a case of checking on Servicebox to look up the actual build date and characteristics. The RPO number from the door pillar will help determine the exact build date. Citroen/Peugeot have recently restricted build/characteristics information on Servicebox, but there is a very simple way around this.

Servicebox will show (this was my own C4GP 2014 Exclusive+):

CRUISE CONTROL SPEED LIMITER AND DISTANCE CONTROL if it has the active cruise fitted

HEADLAMP BULBS DISCHARGE BULB if it has the xenon headlamp option fitted

My own C4GP had the factory fit xenons and also the park assist pack 360. The factory fitted headlamp washers on my car were only fitted because at that time the park assist pack 360 included them. A car fitted with the two black nozzles on both headlamps will denote it also has the park assist pack 360, which included the fish eye lenses on the underneath of both door mirrors. The fitment of the headlamp washers doesn't mean it'll have xenons!

As has been mentioned, the xenons were reduced in light output (to 25w), and were nowhere near as good as the previous generation C4P/GP with xenons.

A couple of my original posts about the change in spec/adaptive cruise and the xenons:

- Click Here -

- Click Here -
2 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 BigJohnD (31 May 2020 : 07:55) , charlesalmond (31 May 2020 : 10:08)
routemaster1   
Sun May 31 2020, 06:29am
bluehdi wrote ...

My own C4GP had the factory fit xenons and also the park assist pack 360. The factory fitted headlamp washers on my car were only fitted because at that time the park assist pack 360 included them. A car fitted with the two black nozzles on both headlamps will denote it also has the park assist pack 360, which included the fish eye lenses on the underneath of both door mirrors. The fitment of the headlamp washers doesn't mean it'll have xenons!

This is not as it is on my car. I have the 360 pack but no washers, so it may only be on cars fitted with xenons and 360 pack. In the early days of the Picasso, there were many cars which weren't fitted with what they should have, and cars fitted with things they shouldn't. For instance, the original Exclusives had air suspensions and other trim levels didn't, but some VTR+ cars had it fitted. Similarly the original 2.0HDis were only available with EGS or auto boxes, but at least one was sold with a manual box (manuals not available until early 2011, I had one of the first) So I wonder if this kind of thing happened on 2013 and later cars.
 charlesalmond (31 May 2020 : 10:08)
BigJohnD   
Sun May 31 2020, 07:57am

Member No: #82
I suspect additional not-to-order vehicles were assembled in the factory for various reasons - on spec, to use up end of bin parts, to keep the line flowing, &c.
bluehdi   
Sun May 31 2020, 08:28am
Member No: #2617
Yes I think that’s entirely possible. The headlamp washers seemed to have been removed from late 2014/2015 vehicles, even for those cars with the 360 pack.

Servicebox makes no mention anywhere of the existence of the headlamp washer function, but from memory I seem to remember the 360 pack may not have got any mention either!

My understanding was that the windscreen washer bottle fitted to my C4GP was also of a larger capacity than the standard for non washer models. This allowed for the alternative pressure wash of each headlamp at intervals when the windscreen washers were activated.
charlesalmond   
Sun May 31 2020, 10:17am
I am very grateful for the advice given regarding my future purchase.
The valuable "inside information" means that I will no longer assume that everything in the Citroën sales manual for the relevant year is 100% reliable!
Richard_C   
Mon Jun 01 2020, 03:43am
Member No: #46470
You can't rely on the dealers knowing either, and certainly not on the details they post in their advertising. You have to ask specific questions about a specific vehicle.

My Sept 15 build Jan 16 registered Exclusive+ which I bought 10 months old lacks a lot of the earlier kit, even the laminated side windows were deleted (windows there of course, just not laminated). On the plus side anything registered after Sept 15 should get 5 years of free map updates. The late 2016 facelift are better in many ways - compatible with Android Auto and Apple Carplay so you can use you phone as a much better nav system. Specs changed as did nomenclature. Pre facelift can't be upgraded to make them android auto compatible.

If you live anywhere near a ULEZ zone or potential ULEZ zone, early 1.6 diesels were Euro 5 so likely to get a daily charge, later BlueHdi ones were Euro 6 so more future-proof. I think the 2.0 diesels were Euro 6 throughout but check if its relevant.

Work out what's really important to you, "must have-would like-don't care". Mine has stuff I wouldn't miss like a motorised passenger seat leg rest and self-parking which takes a lot longer than doing it yourself.

It all went a bit Nero. Citroen fiddled while market share burned.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 charlesalmond (01 Jun 2020 : 05:32)
routemaster1   
Mon Jun 01 2020, 04:00am
Richard_C wrote ...

If you live anywhere near a ULEZ zone or potential ULEZ zone, early 1.6 diesels were Euro 5 so likely to get a daily charge, later BlueHdi ones were Euro 6 so more future-proof. I think the 2.0 diesels were Euro 6 throughout but check if its relevant.

The 2.0HDis were, as far as I am aware, Euro 6 from 2013; no previous pre 2013 were. 1.6HDis were Euro 6 from 2015, although you need to be careful as there may be some Euro 5 which were registered late.
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jun 01 2020, 08:46am

Member No: #19238
routemaster1 wrote ...

Richard_C wrote ...

The 2.0HDis were, as far as I am aware, Euro 6 from 2013; no previous pre 2013 were. 1.6HDis were Euro 6 from 2015, although you need to be careful as there may be some Euro 5 which were registered late.

Yes, all B78 2.0 diesel models are Euro 6
charlesalmond   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 03:18am
Did all Exclusive Plus models come with the Park Assist 360 feature or was this not included on the early models?A 2013 Brochure only refers to Park Assist.

When was the key free start introduced for the Exclusive Plus?
routemaster1   
Tue Jun 02 2020, 03:26am
charlesalmond wrote ...

Did all Exclusive Plus models come with the Park Assist 360 feature or was this not included on the early models?A 2013 Brochure only refers to Park Assist.

When was the key free start introduced for the Exclusive Plus?

No, they didn't have 360, certainly when I bought mine. It was an optional extra. Mine has key free starting, but I don't know whether it was available from 2013.
 charlesalmond (02 Jun 2020 : 03:38)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member