or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Immobiliser

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
carm8   
Sat May 23 2020, 08:17am
Member No: #56112
I have a 2014 C4 1.6HDi which has just died on me, I put the transponder into the dash, car read that the transponder was there but would not accept it so ignition would not turn on to start the car. I have had an auto locksmith out to check it and he tells me that's it's got to go to a dealer. I have now found out that the handbrake cannot be released in this mode which I think is bad design as now the car can only be dragged onto a flat bed recovery lorry, the dealers have to dismantle the rear brakes to move to car around their garage. I am just putting this out to anybody else who have experienced this.
gittos   
Sat May 23 2020, 09:04am
Member No: #30055
If you look in your handbook there is a way to manually release the handbrake, unfortunately I can’t get to mine at the moment to explain it.
iscom   
Sat May 23 2020, 09:05am
Member No: #20936
I thought there was a way of disengaging the hand brake is it not in the hand book

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member