or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4P 2015 exlusive, radiator fan problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
ludjak69   
Tue May 12 2020, 07:39am
Member No: #56054
Hello, i am new here and i am a owner off Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6 blue Hdi, 120hp, 2015, manual. I red bunch of threads on this forum but i didnt find problem like my own. Problem is that radiator fan not working normal, i noticed that it works only on high speed. When car is driven normally, with no AC on, bellow 2000 rpm the fan is not working. When i drive faster above 2000 rpm or turn on AC the fan starts blowing on full speed(i hear the sound when i open window) and it keeps running even when i turn off the engine for exactly 5 min and then it is off. I can turn it off when i turn off the engine (fan still works at full speed) and then turn on the engine for just few seconds and it is off. This is happening for few months. Someone told me that this could be if dpf starts regenerating, and you brake the process, but i am driving on the highway for the last few days 150 km every day and i dont think that is a issue.
Also maybe one other problem is related somehow with this, few day ago i noticed low antifreeze liquid, and i fill it to max. and after 200km i check it again it was 1cm bellow the mark max. (maybe i lost 0.1 litres).Thanks in advance
routemaster1   
Tue May 12 2020, 07:54am
Member No: #574
As far as I know, with the air contitioning off, the radiator fan does not run until the engine temperature is high, and when it does it is at full speed. It does (well, on mine anyway) function at full speed with the aircon on LO. The usual issue is with the heater fan, which should operate at several speeds.
ludjak69   
Tue May 12 2020, 08:11am
Member No: #56054
Heater fan works normally. I also tried to drive easy for 20km until the engine temperature is in the middle position(90˘ i assume) and stop and see the fan but it doesnt work. I bought c4p 3 months ago and this is is my first citroen. I had similar problem on my renault megane III, with difference that when i turn engine off and the fan goes off, and problem was thermal fuse on the rheostat.
routemaster1   
Tue May 12 2020, 09:20am
Member No: #574
ludjak69 wrote ...

Heater fan works normally. I also tried to drive easy for 20km until the engine temperature is in the middle position(90˘ i assume) and stop and see the fan but it doesnt work. I bought c4p 3 months ago and this is is my first citroen. I had similar problem on my renault megane III, with difference that when i turn engine off and the fan goes off, and problem was thermal fuse on the rheostat.

As far as I can tell, you do not have a problem. The fan doesn't work until the engine temperature gets very hot. In all the time I've owned mine (5 years) the fan hasn't run because it hasn't needed to. I suspect the same applies to your Megane.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member