or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

From Halogen to XENON ore LED ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
theTune71   
Fri May 08 2020, 03:29am
Member No: #55876
Hi guys, I drive C4 2008 version 1 model 5 door model VTi 120. (Exclusive model)

I have the normal headlights with H7 and H1 bulbs all fine.
I like to upgrade these headlights and i found a almost new set With the Xenon lights in there, The plan is to remove the bumper and remove the Halogeen headlights and replace them for the Xenon version Headlights.
Will the connectors fit? do i have to make some changes? Will the headlights assist in the turns and ore do i need to do some with the headlight motors ?

Hope to hear from you ..

rusky   
Fri May 08 2020, 11:17am
Member No: #27768
You can't just swap the halogens for xenon, it's not that easy I'm afraid
theTune71   
Sat May 09 2020, 04:21am
Member No: #55876
i am swapping out the whole headlight units. not just the light bulbs ..
does that make it more clear ?
BigJohnD   
Sat May 09 2020, 04:55am

Member No: #82
theTune71 wrote ...

i am swapping out the whole headlight units. not just the light bulbs ..
does that make it more clear?

Yes, and you'll need to have self-levelling and headlamp washers as well. But the regs in your country (Netherlands) may be different.

- Click Here -
vexorg   
Sat May 09 2020, 09:42am
Member No: #48843
If yo umean HID asxenon, in the UK they'd be illegal. They pretty much need to come out of the factory with them.

LED might be a betteroption for upgrading. They run off 12v, so no meed for the high voltage module.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member