or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

2014 C4 Picasso

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
garrydeakin   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 10:13am
Member No: #55983
Hi

Newbie on here !

Had a rattle at the front of the car and my mechanic has found a bar/strut that he thinks is causing it but he has no idea what its called or where to get one - I have a picture of it though - can anyone help with the identification of the part ?

Not sure how to add a picture to this though .....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz
routemaster1   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 10:49am
Member No: #574
garrydeakin wrote ...

Hi

Newbie on here !

Had a rattle at the front of the car and my mechanic has found a bar/strut that he thinks is causing it but he has no idea what its called or where to get one - I have a picture of it though - can anyone help with the identification of the part ?

Not sure how to add a picture to this though .....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gaz

You cannot post a picture unless you are a premier member. You can however upload to a hosting site like Flickr, and post a link.
garrydeakin   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 11:28am
Member No: #55983
Thanks Routemaster.

The link to my photo is here : - Click Here -

Its the front passenger side, seems to connect the shock absorbers to the front of the car/the radiator. Sorry if thats a bit vague, my mechanic normally takes care of this for me
vexorg   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 02:35pm
Member No: #48843
I've not got that model, but it appears to go from the front of the subframe to the front of the car (assuming you mean the horizontal one in the middle.

The shock absorber is direcly above the wheel hub.

A quick search and they seem to be called subframe extension legs.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member