or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Exclusive 2007: EGR and Tailgate questions

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Oletimer   
Sun Apr 19 2020, 12:47pm
Member No: #54905
Hi again, hope everyone is surviving ok during this lock down.

I have a couple of questions, if someone would be kind enough to explain the 'ins' and 'outs' I'd be very grateful:

1st: My EGR (I think) is getting to be a problem, initially it would stutter when moving away gently, a few extra revs and it was ok. Lately it seems to be doing it more often, it seems to get better when it's all warmed up - but that might be wishful thinking, has anyone got an easy fix for this (thinking of that spray in stuff to clean the EGR) or will the EGR need to come out for a proper cleaning?
What would happen if it was blanked off - would that stutter go away?

2nd: As mentioned before, my tailgate trim and unlock lever are needing replacement, would it be easier to fit a secondhand tailgate - looking at the cost of the trim and lock a 2nd hand seems to make sense.
Any idea's where I might find a blue tailgate for my '07 Exclusive?

Thanks in anticipation

George
rusky   
Sun Apr 19 2020, 01:37pm
Member No: #27768
The EGR valve is best replaced.

The tailgate trim can be repaired. Take the liner off the boot, undo the 5 bolts that hold the trim on, thoroughly clean up the reverse of the trim & epoxy the retainers back in place.
1 User said Thank You to rusky for this Post :
 bubblehead (20 Mar 2021 : 13:58)
Oletimer   
Sun Apr 19 2020, 06:37pm
Member No: #54905
Thank you, I'll have a go at that tomorrow.
thedman   
Sat Aug 15 2020, 12:39pm
Member No: #56723
The trim for my 09 grand Picasso is beyond repair, any idea where the best place to get a replacement? Ideally a new one since all the ones on eBay are already bodged up or have a whole tailgate attached! Thanks

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member