or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

MOT Exemption and Servicing

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
routemaster1   
Wed Mar 25 2020, 07:13am
Member No: #574
I assume that most of you will know by now that for cars with an MOT due from Monday 30th March will be granted a 6 month exemption from obtaining an MOT. This was an issue which I was concerned about, as our MOT is/was due on 18th May. It not so much for our personal mobility (I have an 89 year old mother-in-law who we have to provide for, and we have our C3 as well), but many others are not so fortunate.

The next thing that exercises my mind is what Citroen are going to do about warranties and servicing if this pandemic goes on for several months. My C4GP needs a service by 18th May to comply with the 1 year service interval (with a little latitude), but at present, I have only done 9967 miles with a 20,000 mile interval. As the service is by no means an urgent safety related matter, I hope that postponing it for a few months will not invalidate my warranty.
neilp   
Wed Mar 25 2020, 12:57pm
Member No: #3384
Funny I wondered about servicing today, especially when I received an email from the dealer I purchased my car from who is closing completely after today.
I've had my service already but MOT is due at the end of May so looks like I'll be using the 6 months grace period.
StevieB2   
Wed Mar 25 2020, 01:21pm
Member No: #31883
Hi All,
My DS4 annual service ( on service plan) is also due next month ( a few weeks ) but local Citroen /DS dealership is closed.
They have though added this information to their FAQ section.
Hope this helps, no doubt it will be revised as time goes on..
StevieB

Aftersales FAQ’s
My Service is due in the near future, am I going to invalidate my warranty by not having it completed?
To help support you through this CONVID-19 period, PSA have announced that they will increase the service interval tolerance to 1,800 miles or 3 months after the recommendation of the maintenance plan.

My cars MOT is due to expire soon, how can I keep my vehicle road legal?
Don’t worry the government have today announced a 6 month extension on all vehicles with MOT’s due on the 30th March onwards. If your MOT expires this week contact the sites booking team and we will try to support as best possible. For more info on DVSA changes click here

My manufacturer’s warranty is due to expire soon, but I have noticed that there is a manufacturing defect with my vehicle, how can I have this repair carried out under warranty?
In order to provide the most comprehensive support possible PSA has deployed an override policy during COVID-19 uncertainty, the result of this is at a minimum your warranty will be extended by 1 month to cover this forecasted period of lockdown.

I have a service contract that covers the cost of my vehicle maintenance, but it is due to expire in the next few weeks, how do I prevent having to pay for this maintenance?
Similarly to the actions taken on manufactures warranty policy, PSA Maintenance Schemes will have their period of coverage extended by up to 3 months allowing ample time to have all necessary works paid for at no cost.
1 User said Thank You to StevieB2 for this Post :
 BigJohnD (25 Mar 2020 : 15:58)
routemaster1   
Wed Mar 25 2020, 02:35pm
Thanks for that, Stevie. i will contact my dealer to see if the service can be done within the normal timeframe but if not, theni all should be OK.

StevieB2   
Wed May 20 2020, 12:29pm
Member No: #31883
Just an update, had my DS4 annual service ( was 2 months overdue) today by local PSA dealer Robin & Day. They are slowly (very) opening up the servicing elements of their network.You can be confident in their adherence to the latest Covid 19 safety measures and a few others of their own. Self distance measures, hand sanitiser , one way systems etc, all good. All staff wear masks and gloves.The only negative ( but understandable) is no courtesy valet or car wash after the service and no while u wait appointments.
Dropped off at 9 am.. they won't touch a car for 2 hours while it 'airs' with window open..everythings covered/ protected : handbrake/ steering wheel/ gear stick and seat cover etc.. all good. Keys are sanitised before handing back to customer. Completed and collected when I returned at 1400hours.. But glad that's over.. all a bit surreal, but necessary in current difficulties.
Cheers
Stevie B
routemaster1   
Wed May 20 2020, 01:53pm
Had both of our cars in at the local agent at the end of last week. There was a reduced staff, but they seemed to be offering a full range of services. Took the C4GP in on Thursday for MOT and service, both on time. On arrival, you could go into the foyer, but not into the showroom. You had to ring the bell for service and then 'shout' across the showroom to maintain distancing. I had to leave the key in the car and the window open, but they only left it about 15 minutes before they took it in. On pick-up, more shouting across the showroom, then the key placed on a table for collection. I don't know what they did about sanitizing. MOT no issues, only service issue was that there was only 4mm of lining on the rear pads. Considering they are usually little more than 6mm when new, and I have done over 50,000 on the original pads, I don't think I will need to get them changed in their recommended 2-3 months!

Also surprised to find that they no longer supply a printed pass MOT 'certificate'. You can print one out from the net if you need one for travelling abroad, although for us it is doubtful for this year.

Friday a repeat performance for our C3, which was showing an EML light. The fault was a downstream oxygen sensor, so it had to be left until Tuesday for collection. When the phoned me a new sensor was quoted as 518, until I pointed out that, as a 19 reg car it was under warranty.
neilp   
Thu May 21 2020, 03:31am
Member No: #3384
Not been for my MOT yet, due 27th May. I phoned to check and Bristol Street Motors, Nottingham are taking advanced bookings for June. I booked in my car for 15th June.
You have to book a slot to take the car and they will have it all day. The slots are 15 mins apart so customers don't turn up together.

They are only handling essential workers currently.
1 User said Thank You to neilp for this Post :
 BigJohnD (21 May 2020 : 05:09)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member