or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Clutch issue and 2 recalls.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bradmca   
Fri May 10 2019, 12:31pm
Member No: #42533
I had the best trip to a dealer today, after learning about TSBs I had a webchat with the London Brentford one who confirmed a tensioner belt and clutch cylinder related pair of TSBs which I took in today after finding out they would be free to solve.

When I dropped the car off I also asked about the five equally spaced thumbtip sized dead pixel circles along the bottom edge of the top colour screen (they started as a single row of dead pixels right at the bottom then ended up like that after winter), got a call a couple of hours later with the expected figure of that being £1100 for a new one + labour but then she told me loads of those were dying too and the warranty on them has gone up to 5 years, so happy I pointed it out on my 2014 car!, result is I had to pay £90 labour to get a new one which didnt take more than a second to agree to.

Now the clutch feels as it should, and the screen is back to good too ! (for now!)
Vito1968   
Thu Jun 27 2019, 03:15pm
Member No: #53180
Hi have just changed clutch on my 2015 C4 GP, since getting it back the judder on takeoff is worse than ever. Has anyone any ideas for help? Replacement is with a LUK kit.
pallijons   
Mon Feb 03 2020, 05:57am
Member No: #55531
I have a 2015 C4 Grand Picasso which had the clutch issue, clutch only travelled half the way up. You needed to push it to get it all the way up. This caused the car not to start properly and it needed a short wire from the battery + to the started to trick it to start(RAC did that for us).

I was offered a replacement for the clutch pedal in a garage for about 280 pounds. Then I found this site and check with a local dealer and there was a recall for the car. So it is now being repaired on the recall. Thanks for the help here.
Steve60   
Fri Feb 07 2020, 09:40am
Member No: #55563
I have had the same issue with my 63 plate for a couple of years now but have been too ill to chase things up until now.
My pedal only returns half way about 2/3 of the time, so much more than some, and the clutch slips in gear during hard acceleration, mainly 5th and 6th gear. Dealer says there are no TSB on my vehicle but 2 Recalls. Rear door bumper and Front wishbones. Never been notified. so rang Citroen direct. Lets see what they come back with?
routemaster1   
Fri Feb 07 2020, 09:50am
Member No: #574
Steve60 wrote ...

I have had the same issue with my 63 plate for a couple of years now but have been too ill to chase things up until now.
My pedal only returns half way about 2/3 of the time, so much more than some, and the clutch slips in gear during hard acceleration, mainly 5th and 6th gear. Dealer says there are no TSB on my vehicle but 2 Recalls. Rear door bumper and Front wishbones. Never been notified. so rang Citroen direct. Lets see what they come back with?

It is unlikely that you will get notifications with these types of issues. Most are dealt with when you take your car to Citroen for service. If you use someone else, you will not find out. The only exception are safety recalls.

I had the clutch problem with my car, but in my case, the clutch itself was fine and still is. My pedal was sorted as there was a recall, which I found out about when I took it in, but I can't remember if the recall was for all cars or only for 2.0HDis, and may have be limited to certain VIN numbers.
Andrak   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 08:30am
Member No: #55679
Hi, my 2014 Automatic has just broken down on the motorway, and been towed to a Citroen main dealership. They are saying it needs a new clutch at a cost of £1,500. This doesn't sound right in a car this old. It is also a lot of money to find to get my car back. Is it too much to hope that it might be covered by a recall or a manufacturing fault?
iscom   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:21am
Member No: #20936
Just out of interest what was mileage and how many owners?
routemaster1   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:30am
Member No: #574
Andrak wrote ...

Hi, my 2014 Automatic has just broken down on the motorway, and been towed to a Citroen main dealership. They are saying it needs a new clutch at a cost of £1,500. This doesn't sound right in a car this old. It is also a lot of money to find to get my car back. Is it too much to hope that it might be covered by a recall or a manufacturing fault?

As it is not a conventional automatic but a 'piloted manual', the car has a clutch and a dual mass flywheel, it is likely that you need both replacing. £1500 seems a bit steep though.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 Andrak (24 Feb 2020 : 23:58)
Andrak   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:39am
iscom wrote ...

Two owners and mileage around 75k
Andrak   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:41am
routemaster1 wrote ...

Andrak wrote ...

As it is not a conventional automatic but a 'piloted manual', the car has a clutch and a dual mass flywheel, it is likely that you need both replacing. £1500 seems a bit steep though.

Yeah, they have said £1,300 for the clutch and another £400 if the flywheel has to be replaced as well. 9 hours labour apparently.

Scared the [%*^#@!] out of me TBH.
Steve60   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:23am
Andrak wrote ...

Steve60   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:27am
Andrak wrote ...

I had to contact Citroen UK Customer Care on 08000939393.
Having mine replaced when I book it in for the Front Wishbone recall.
Good luck
1 User said Thank You to Steve60 for this Post :
 Andrak (24 Feb 2020 : 23:58)
Steve60   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:31am
Andrak wrote ...

iscom wrote ...

Two owners and mileage around 75k

No previous owners on my Dec 13 1.6HDi exclusive with 32,000 miles.
Andrak   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 12:26pm
Steve60 wrote ...

Andrak wrote ...

I had to contact Citroen UK Customer Care on 08000939393.
Having mine replaced when I book it in for the Front Wishbone recall.
Good luck

Did Citroen cover the cost of the new clutch?
Motorbreath   
Tue Feb 25 2020, 09:44am
Member No: #53632
Couple of days ago at 55000 km my clutch failed and we had to
get the car towed to official shop... Master clutch cilynder failed
and the cost is 228€. In 2017 I was at the official service regarding
the master clutch cilynder, clutch pedal and spring recall and the service
then decided to change only the spring because visually everything was
fine. They want to charge me 228€ because they tell me the campaign is
done and they just decided to change the spring at the time in 2017. I
have contacted Citroen Croatia and they told me they would not help me
and that the service is not obligated to change the part even though
there is a Citroen Campaign regarding the clutch cilynder. I contacted Citroen International and hope to get their help.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member