or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Turbo solenoid location

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Number5   
Sat Feb 22 2020, 01:10pm
Member No: #55671
Hello, as you can see I'm a new member and will probably be a one hit wonder so I apologise in advance for that.

I've had my 1.6hdi 2007 Grand Picasso for a few weeks now and have finally figured out why its low on power. I've searched this forum endlessly and found a lot of helpful information so thanks for that.

Anyhow onto the problem. The wastegate, is constantly stuck open. I've tested the actual gate to make sure there is a vacuum which there is so that only leaves the turbo solenoid or the pipe that goes from the solenoid to the wastgate.

Could any of you help me find the solenoid or ideally have a photo of its location as the pipe looks like it disappears into the middle of the engine.

I found a picture on a Peugeot forum and it appears to be underneath the air filter box and best accessed from underneath. Could anyone confirm this.

Many thanks.
Avelar   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 02:47am
Member No: #43037
The solenoid is behind the engine on the block. I changed mine from below. A bit fiddly but not too bad. Part was about £65 from ebay I think. Do a rough sketch of where all the hoses go before you remove them.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member