or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Citroen connect Nav - heeeeelp

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Timthetangent   
Wed Feb 19 2020, 04:38pm
Member No: #55655
Hi folks. We have just upgraded our old CD Grand Picasso for a newer (4 year old) model. The car came complete with GPS called Citroen Connect Nav. It's been a bit problematic so I came on here to search for advice on how to fix the problems and have met with a huge list of things that appear be wrong. I registered on My Citroen and a couple of apps in order to try and get to the bottom of the problems but the list of issues got bigger not smaller.

The Citroen Connect Nav site said that my VIN indicated that the car wasn't compatible with Connect Nav despite our seller insisting that the software and hardware for this was already fitted. The two main problems we're having with the touch screen GPS is that 1. It keeps crashing on route. restarting immediately with the Citroen LOGO but no map until we reprogram it with the same journey details we first added ten minutes beforehand. We are house hunting at the moment so this is a real pain each time it happens.

Problem 2. is that it also seems not to have the capability to find an address from a post code (OS references seem fine, except estate agents and friends and business services offering their address don't normally have them to hand). Having used a plug in TomTom for years I miss the opportunity of whacking in a post code and getting there. Any advice folks?
neilp   
Wed Feb 19 2020, 06:03pm
Member No: #3384
Usually you would enter the postcode into the town/city field. Perhaps the car is missing updates from the dealer and the only way you will find out is to have them check, but it will cost you.
1 User said Thank You to neilp for this Post :
 Timthetangent (20 Feb 2020 : 02:31)
Timthetangent   
Thu Feb 20 2020, 02:33am
That seems to be the best option so far from all the information I could get from the dealer and Citroen direct. Thanks Neil
gittos   
Thu Feb 20 2020, 02:44am
Member No: #30055
Exactly how old is you car? Only the later facelift model (B78) cars have Connect Nav, I think mid 2016 onwards, your GPS should have the word TomTom in the bottom right hand corner.
routemaster1   
Thu Feb 20 2020, 03:30am
Member No: #574
gittos wrote ...

Exactly how old is you car? Only the later facelift model (B78) cars have Connect Nav, I think mid 2016 onwards, your GPS should have the word TomTom in the bottom right hand corner.

Earlier cars before TomTom will accept UK postcodes. Our 2015 one does, but the very earliest ones (2013-2014?) don't. There was much discussion about this several years ago.
Timthetangent   
Thu Feb 20 2020, 04:28am
Ours was first registered in November 2016. I'll look at the screen next time I take it out which will be today. Thanks gittos and routemaster1
vexorg   
Thu Feb 20 2020, 07:17am
Member No: #48843
You can update the old ones if they dont take the postcode.

Oddly you have to set the country, scotland, england, wales, or the postocde options dont show up

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member