or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Airbags Dashboard Replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dynome   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 03:43am
Member No: #54346
Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Have made a mess in my MKI Coupe.

Dashboard airbag, steering wheel airbag and drivers seatbelt, all exploded when crashed my car. Wouldn't know where to start taking the dash out. Have seen a quick guide, steering wheel bag seems simple enough, hopefully same for the seatbelt. Have found a kit online to resupply all these parts also including a module, which i have no idea of, but imagine this will be some master link between them all. Can someone direct me to a dash refitting and will I need to get my car software reset once all the bits have been changed? Unfortunately the steering wheel bag broke the windscreen as well >.< Thanks for help

rusky   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 04:45am
Member No: #27768
It's going to be cheaper to scrap that than repair.
Magistrate   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 04:58am
Member No: #1731
rusky wrote ...

It's going to be cheaper to scrap that than repair.

I agree. Given the o/s damage and the complexities of reinstating the airbags, unless you have the time and skills to undertake these repairs yourself it will be more economical to scrap your vehicle. The repairs are likely to cost more than an 11 year old vehicle is worth.
Dynome   
Sun Feb 16 2020, 05:05am
My aim would be to change it myself, have a friend who's a demon on cars (look for sofa/4 door corsa vs skyline on youtube) who will assist me. Surprisingly the plastic wing is intact, small impact on bumper. The kit for airbags less than £2oo, just leaving the bonnet, which I would just straighten out for now and the windscreen, which apparently insurance should aide with, keeping the costs down. Life in the olde dog yet. Please help me turn this around.
rusky   
Sun Feb 16 2020, 02:35pm
Member No: #27768
What does the £200 kit give you? All airbags, ECU, dash etc?
Dynome   
Sun Feb 16 2020, 05:35pm
rusky wrote ...

What does the £200 kit give you? All airbags, ECU, dash etc?

Dash with airbag, steering wheel airbag, 2 seat belts and a module.
Dynome   
Tue Feb 18 2020, 08:37am
Ordered the kit £130, Windscreen £85 excess fee. Guy / Dismantler , will forward me some destructions for dash change. Hoping for the best here.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member