or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Turbo to exhaust V-clamp smoke leak C4 2005 1.6HDi

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Joply01   
Fri Feb 14 2020, 07:25am
Member No: #55611
Hello guys,

I am wondering if anyone could assist/consult.

My C4 (2005 1.6HDi) lost it's power recently. I've noticed a smoke residue under the bonnet so I searched for the source and found out that it is where the turbo exhaust side is mounted to the rest of the exhaust. I am not sure if this could be linked to the power loss or elsewhere.

I've also noticed that when reving the engine, the pipe which goes from intercooler to the engine is sucking in - like there is a vacuum in that pipe ?? ??. So I've checked the turbine how it spins - it spins very easily, with tiny wobble and no wall touching, also revs up when engine revs up. Other things I've noticed, when reving the engine the actuator doesn't move, but I am not sure whether it is supposed to move when there is no load on the engine?
So I am just asking if some would know what could be the root cause?

The clamp? - probably not?
Faulty Actuator?
Faulty Selenoid?
Faulty Turbo? - hope not
Faulty something else?

Car has antipolution fault for a long time, but I've read that is common thing.
ECU reports no other errors - scanned with China Town Bluetooth OBDII thingy and Torque Pro though.

Thank you so much

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member