or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

C4 GP indicator repeater fail

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
smokingblue   
Tue Jan 21 2020, 10:14am
Member No: #55442
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie so hope this is posting in the correct place.
I have a 65 plate (December 2015 build) C4 GP and have an electrical issue, first noticed that blind spot monitoring had stopped working, went through the settings but it wouldn't let me activate it, then noticed that the o/s repeater in the mirror housing wasn't operating, so if anyone has had this problem or similar and can help I'd be very grateful, bit more detail below.
As car was due for service (Independent Citroen garage) left it for them to check at same time.
They checked and said need to replace repeater and see if that was causing the problem and quoted £172.87 (£55.56 for repeater plus 1 1/2 hrs labour!).
Being a sensible type, I decide to see how much I could buy a repeater unit for and a troll around youtube for how to videos, couldn't find any for C4 but found one for a Peugeot, so ordered correct repeater (non OEM) from eBay for £25.79 with free shipping. Part duly arrived and I set about removing mirror glass and rear cowl, which although it looked exactly same as the Peugeot in the video, had different clips, but off it came and I unplugged and snapped out the repeater, fitted the replacement and thought best check it's working before reassembling, and no it wasn't working, so thought best reconnect all wires, but no difference.
Hopefully one of you brilliant members can point me in the right direction, or should I find a good auto electrician?
Daz6618   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 02:25am
Member No: #55237
I had my drivers side indicator mirror fail, took it to my main dealer to replace the led light bulb and this didn't fix it. On investigation they noticed that the folding mechanism pinched the wire and broken the connection. £780 for a new mirror or £160 to fix the wire, I went with the cheaper option. I'm guessing you've pinched a wire in the same loom, mines a 2014gp
1 User said Thank You to Daz6618 for this Post :
 smokingblue (29 Jan 2020 : 07:40)
Daz6618   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 02:37am
Member No: #55237
Have a look at my original post
1 User said Thank You to Daz6618 for this Post :
 smokingblue (29 Jan 2020 : 07:40)
smokingblue   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 07:46am
Thanks for the info, I think the auto electrician route is going to be the best option.
andym6   
Wed Nov 10 2021, 05:42am
Member No: #48906
Hi, how did you resolve this in the end?
I have the exact same issue blind-spot monitoring stopped working now the passenger side repeater has stopped getting power.
Was it just the wire that had broken?
smokingblue   
Wed Nov 10 2021, 10:06am
It was the wiring for the repeater, had that repaired, but blind spot monitoring is controlled by the BSI module in the boot, dealer tried to tell me it needed replacing, but front & rear sensors work and as Blind slot monitoring uses the side sensors at the front and back, I think it's down to a BSI reset, which I haven't actually got round to doing yet. There is a YouTube video on this and also a detailed set of instructions here;
- Click Here -
Hope this helps.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member