or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Trick chunky C4GP spotted with Irish numberplates

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
GALLOWAY2019   
Thu Jan 23 2020, 04:00pm
Member No: #53883
Hi,
Went to Stranraer today and spotted a trick C4GP in Kermit Green possible wrap with some sort of arrow design down the sides, what made me stop and stare and nearly run over by a taxi was they had given it a chunky look with black plastic flared arches like ya get on most SUV's and some black alloys with chunky tread tyres the whole car look really chunky, i don't think it was jacked up but it might have been to fit the chunky wheels but the whole look looked like a factory job and very well done. I was hoping the owner is on this forum so i can get some photos and details of how they did it. It does sound a bit odd at first but it certainly worked well. It looked like a MK1 C4GP. Anyone good at photoshopping to create a sort of lookalike? I will have a dabble and will also do some searching online to see if there are any images online.
Cheers
GALLOWAY2019   
Wed Mar 04 2020, 04:52pm
Hi,
This is something like the trick C4GP I saw at the ferry terminal in Stranraer, sorry for poor photoshopping but my wacom pen is knackered. Gave it the name "GRAND X" the one i saw was like Kermit bright green but haven't worked out how to change the colour in photoshop yet. I do like the chunky wheels not to bothered about the light bar and winch but it would be nice having a real 4x4 Grand Picasso thats a bit tougher for our farm tracks....I am tempted to build a real one minus the 4x4 gearbox of course......buy another cheap one and have a laugh transforming it. I have a Skoda Yeti and have had other 4x4's but i really like the room in the C4GP'S and much better than a Mazda Bongo 4x4 for longer runs that are rot boxes. Oh well hope ya like it and any tips on mods to try are most welcome also if any of you like to do mods via photoshop i would love to see your creations.
Cheers
Brian

GALLOWAY2019   
Mon May 04 2020, 06:16pm
Found some wheel arch flares to fit C4GP not as wide as above but might do the trick with some chunky wheels.
- Click Here -
wunny   
Tue May 05 2020, 02:51am
Member No: #42824
Wheels and tyres like those would have stopped me kerbing my alloys and others ruining tyres on pot holes!
1 User said Thank You to wunny for this Post :
 GALLOWAY2019 (05 May 2020 : 10:52)
GALLOWAY2019   
Tue May 05 2020, 11:01am
wunny wrote ...

Wheels and tyres like those would have stopped me kerbing my alloys and others ruining tyres on pot holes!

Aye that is one of the reasons i want a chunkier C4GP as i live up a rough farm track and the roads aren't much better plus it will be something a bit different, Once I know i can get all the parts etc I am going to buy another C4GP newer model and lower mileage and then convert it, There are other big MPV's but i like the Citroens especially if i get a model that has £20 road tax my main interest is Motorcycles so tend to spend more on Harleys etc and the C4GP for shopping and camera trips out in the wilds, haven't made my mind up what colour to go for next I will have to see what colours are available and if they would look good converted with some new graphics etc, also want leather interior and all the gadgets in my next one and windows tinted. I also did a Photoshop mod of a Hyundai 800i MPV with the same mods see photo only problem is the rear doors are sliding and would hit the wide arches oooooppss looked cool too.

iscom   
Tue May 05 2020, 02:10pm
Member No: #20936
Would be good on a Bog road but not very good on a Motorway
GALLOWAY2019   
Tue May 05 2020, 06:32pm
No motorways near me for 150 miles but lots of rough [%*^#@!] roadsmaybe it needs a snorkel for the floods too
GALLOWAY2019   
Fri May 08 2020, 12:04pm
Been in my virtual garage today pimping a 2017 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, like i did with the Hyundai 800i and the Mk1 C4GP. I want a chunkier version of a C4GP as i live up a rough farm track so chunkier wheels and tyres plus a small lift and flared wheel arches and bull bar and side bars to give it a tougher look also got rid of the chrome trims with satin black. This one is the 2017 X-Plore Edition ps all these mods could be done in real life, the arches are universal plastic ones off Ebay, wheels/tyres are easy to get as are the bull bars if ya do some googling. You can also buy the 2" lifters from Germany so in theory you could make a real one. I have a mk1 C4GP but might be upgrading to a newer model before i start modding. Ignore the [%*^#@!] photoshopping as i am a beginner at it. Ps if there's any other model mpvs you want pimping let me know and i will see what i can come up with.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member