or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Bonnet Stay/Support Rod Shape?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Engenia   
Sat Jan 18 2020, 05:28pm
Member No: #37566
I wonder if someone could post a picture of the bonnet support rod for a 2006 C4 Hatch?

Last night I had to charge the battery from complete zero after the car neglected to switch off the radiator fan - wife didn't notice the noise as she walked away from the car two days ago. I could have sworn the support rod was straight. I left instructions for her at midnight on how to disconnect the charger before she left this morning, at 6AM. At 5AM she woke me up to ask me to close the bonnet - apparently that's a "boy job".

So I dragged myself out to the garage & noticed a pronounced 'S' bend in the rod. I could have sworn it was straight last night. I suspect that she has simply tried to pull the bonnet closed with the rod still in place.

Am I dreaming?
Is the rod straight or curved?
Magistrate   
Sun Jan 19 2020, 02:16am
Member No: #1731
I have a 2008 VTR and the bonnet stay is straight. Looks like your partner did try and close the bonnet rather heavily without detaching the stay from its attachment point.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member