or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Strange Rattle in 65 plate Citroen C4

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
emnov74   
Thu Jan 16 2020, 03:32am
Member No: #55411
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help shed some light on my issue. I have a 65 plate Citroen C4 1.6 HDI Flair and just before Christmas it developed a rattle. This rattle appears to be coming from the engine area on the passenger side. At first just thought it was shocks or struts or something like that but the garage has looked over it fully and can find no issues with any of it. They said if it was a shock then it could be at the top which would require removing it to see but they can see no evidence that it has gone. I have been listening to it alot now and it rattles like something is loose/knocking. Doesn't do it at speed but will do it if in high gear, low revs, over bumpy uneven roads (although doesn't do it really at speed over bumps? It also makes no noise at standstill. I have seen it could be a loose airfilter box or am even wondering if someone wasn't tightened after the service. Any ideas would be most helpful as I am now just trying to get different garages to look and see.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member