or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Headlights coming on when locked

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Marc_2019   
Wed Jan 15 2020, 12:13am
Member No: #53087
Hi All,

I have a 2013 C4 Picasso for a year or so. No issues with it bar a few little niggles.

Recently we've been noticing the headlights coming on randomly when the car is parked up and locked on our drive. Usually after having been left an hour or so. Several times we've had neighbours knock late at night to say our headlights are on. When we go out, the vehicle appears all locked up, but the headlights are on. I unlock and relock and they go out no problem.

This morning I get a shout from a neighbour at 4am to say our damn lights have been on all night. Go out there and the lights are on and the wipes juddering. Unlock the car and it looks like the battery is dead. I am assuming the lights have drained the battery and the wipers moving are an oddity of the battery dieing.

So, any ideas why the headlights keep coming on whilst the vehicle is not in use and locked? I'm recharging the battery now, but worried when I connect it up they'll just keep coming on and drain it again and leave us stranded somewhere.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member