or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Cruise control acceleration problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
paulhampson   
Mon Jan 15 2018, 03:17am
Member No: #50261
I have a problem which I have only just noticed.

When using cruise control when I use the plus button to set a speed of 10kmh faster (using the long press of the + i.e 5kmh at a time) the car will tart accelerating rapidly and then stop accelerating and cruise control will be paused.

There are no problem with the car accelerating nor is there a problem if I use the + button with short presses (i.e. 1kmh increase at a time).

Is this a safety feature or is there a problem I should get looked at?
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jan 15 2018, 04:47am

Member No: #19238
Our DS4 2.0HDi has a similar issue which Citroën could solve - basically if the car accelerated hard on cruise control it would ‘drop’ the cruise; you should notice it also happens when you have it set to a speed then give it maximum acceleration; cruise should stay ‘active’ but ours invariably dropped out but would set again without issue.
paulhampson   
Tue Jan 16 2018, 01:21am
Member No: #50261
Hi Frank
Do you still have it or has citroen resolved it?

Thanks
CitroenNoticer   
Tue Apr 30 2019, 01:28am
Member No: #41033
Did anyone solve this? I have the same problem on my exclusive+ with adaptive cruise.
FrankBullitt   
Tue Apr 30 2019, 11:24am

Member No: #19238
paulhampson wrote ...

Hi Frank
Do you still have it or has citroen resolved it?

Thanks

Oops, I know it’s a bit late but just to close this no they didn’t fix it - I just got used to it, most of the time it wasn’t really an issue except when going up a hill towing the caravan at about 50 in 4th and it ‘dropped’ out with the an almighty shunt of the drivetrain. Oh how we laughed and how I miss that car (not) - wish we had just kept the 1.6HDi and accepted it would be a slower tow car...
theeblaster   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 08:57am
Member No: #54884
paulhampson
my c4 Picasso exclusive+ 2013 model has developed this problem,
if I incrementally increase by 1mph at a time, there are no issues but long press and say 5mph then the revs go up and then it knocks the cruise control off whilst accelerating up, however if i do this using accelerator pedal then it's fine,
I too would love to know the answer to this.
CitroenNoticer   
Sat Jan 18 2020, 12:07pm
Member No: #41033
I had a software update installed when the car went into the dealer and it either cured it or it went away by itself. That was 9 months ago and the problem hasn't returned.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member