or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Power Station Inverters / 12v Inverters

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
iscom   
Fri Jan 03 2020, 11:09am
Member No: #20936
Does anyone have any information or advice on Power Station Inverters / 12v Inverters ?. . I want to have power supply for a portable Fridge freezer (compressor type 45w) which can run off a 12v DC or 240v AC there seems to be two ways
(1) using a leisure battery charging via the cars 12v whilst on the move or by a solar panel whist parked but restricted to the car
(2) using a 220WH/60000mAh Power Station Inverter Emergency Battery Pack Power Supply with DC/AC Inverter again charging via the cars 12v whilst on the move or by a solar panel whist parked and can be used anywhere

Hoping someone can advise

iscom   
Fri Feb 14 2020, 03:49pm
I guess nobody uses car for camping . .I got the Fridge Freezer and bought a power station which I plugged in the fridge and after using for about 7 hours with temp between 1 & 4 Degs I still had 20% of the battery left the next stage it to buy a solar panel so can recharge off grid
rusky   
Fri Feb 14 2020, 05:09pm
Member No: #27768
Have you got a link to the power station & fridge please?
iscom   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 05:03am
rusky wrote ...

Have you got a link to the power station & fridge please?

I bought the Aplicool Fridge on ebay was cheapest could find (£159) now £169 but make an Offer some are well over £200+. . eBay item number:133244737153
I bought other items on Amazon Prime. . I wanted a Pure Wave power unit so got the FLOUREON Portable Power Generator the downside it take 7-8 to recharge I found another one which is far better 4-5 to charge but in not Pure wave hence pure wave inverter I will plug the 12v inverter into power pack to give me pure wave but having bought one for £39 a few days later seen one (no as good but still) for £8

1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 rusky (15 Feb 2020 : 05:21)
GALLOWAY2019   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 02:56pm
Member No: #53883
I have a 2007 C4GP and use it for car camping but having got as far as a fridge (don't know if i would use it much) but apart from that they make nice little mini campers and better on fuel than a campervan, I take my little dog with me in his cage so use an inflatable single mattress and gas stove etc no blinds for the windows yet but camped at Glencoe a few weeks ago and was plenty warm enough with my nato sleeping bag. I think with a bit of effort you could make a C4GP into a better mini camper than a Berlingo certainly feels like more room in them. I take my laptop and Kindle and use battery powered LED lamps so no need for extra battery but like the idea of a solar panel maybe one that bolts onto the roof rails and removeable and a leisure battery, my car has only done 60,000 miles which isn't bad for a 2007? and is a keeper even if i only use it for photography trips its worth keeping. Are the newer C4GP any bigger than the old model inside? Keep us posted on any camping mods ya do as very interested.....I think the government will be clamping down on all the white van campers parked up everywhere soon as its getting out of hand....there was 6 old transits parked below my home and when they left they left rubbish in my fields....they are in for a shock because i have their registrations and so will the police soon, I don't mind them if they don't make it a shithole or play sodding rave music at 2am some of them looked like they would never pass an MOT as usual it will be the minority spoiling it for the rest of them.
iscom   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 04:16pm
I bought the fridge to save buying bags of ice only to find the next morning the cooler box full of water, I mainly keep milk and salads and maybe some meat or fish while in Spain /Portugal . . In the meantime I bought another Power Pack which has LiFePO4 lithium iron phosphate Batteries fitted which can charge in 4 hours and has a built in MPPT controller so can plug in a Solar panel without any problem and have one as a back up. . I have on order, a 100W folding portable solar panel which should do the job, plus course all can be removed when not in use . . I think the old GP's have a wider tailgate

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member