or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

C4GP B78 Windscreen scuttle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mashbury   
Thu Jan 02 2020, 01:15pm
Member No: #43463
Hi there,
Can anyone tell me how to remove the windscreen scuttle on the C4GP series 2 (B78). Need to get in to remove a lot of leaves I can just see (I suspect courtesy of a mouse!) I have had a try but don't know if it needs a sharp tug or if I'm missing releasing some fixings. Can't seem to find anything on forum search. Feel a bit silly as I'm sure it will be simple!
Thanks.

2.0 Exclusive Plus.
mashbury   
Sun Jan 19 2020, 04:30pm
Bump...Still don't know how to do this.
vexorg   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 03:23am
Member No: #48843
Have you taken the wipers off?
mashbury   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 11:43am
Hi vexorg, thank for replying. Haven't taken the wipers off yet, but I can see that I will have to take them off eventually to remove the scuttle.
At the moment I can't see how to loosen the scuttle to do that. There is the plastic top piece with the grilles in and a lower section with deadening felt. Both of these seem to go the whole width of the car. I've removed a few bolts on the bottom bit but nothing seems to move much. Do I just give a big tug, or am I missing something?
Any pictures?
Thanks
vexorg   
Mon Jan 20 2020, 03:46pm
Member No: #48843
Post a photo of the whole scuttle panel, mine looks to be a bit different. It wasn't too much to work out how to get it off after the wipers were off, just some gentle pulling and trial and error
mashbury   
Tue Jan 21 2020, 01:23pm
Attached (I hope) is a picture of the whole scuttle and a picture showing the gap between the top and bottom panels and a bolt between them. It does look like, having removed that one bolt in the middle the whole top panel should just pull away (yes, I have to remove the wipers). I'm worried that if I just tug and hope there are some hidden fixings or clips. Or am I just being a wimp?!

Well, no pictures seem to load. Tried to follow the instructions both above the reply box and in the help section but can't get them to work.
Am I really that hopeless?
routemaster1   
Tue Jan 21 2020, 02:00pm
Member No: #574
mashbury wrote ...

Attached (I hope) is a picture of the whole scuttle and a picture showing the gap between the top and bottom panels and a bolt between them. It does look like, having removed that one bolt in the middle the whole top panel should just pull away (yes, I have to remove the wipers). I'm worried that if I just tug and hope there are some hidden fixings or clips. Or am I just being a wimp?!

Well, no pictures seem to load. Tried to follow the instructions both above the reply box and in the help section but can't get them to work.
Am I really that hopeless?

No, you are not hopeless. You cannot post pictures unless you are a premier member. You can upload pictures to a hosting site like Flickr and then post a link, or you can make a short video, upload to Youtube and post a link to that. Or you can become a premier member!
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 mashbury (21 Jan 2020 : 16:03)
mashbury   
Tue Jan 21 2020, 04:36pm
AH HA! There we go! Thanks Routemaster

So, I want to remove the top grille bit. Do O just remove that centre bolt and pull (having removed the wipers)?

mashbury   
Tue Feb 11 2020, 10:14am
Done it at last! It is indeed simple when you know how. Remove the windscreen wipers and the single bolt in the middle, then `peel back' the scuttle from one end, across the width of the car. Do not pull forwards. It is a press-fit into the channel at the bottom of the windscreen (shown by arrow).
Needed a puller to remove the windscreen wiper arms by the way.

(can't seem to get pictures to work now!)
1 User said Thank You to mashbury for this Post :
 BigJohnD (11 Feb 2020 : 17:05)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member