or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Happy Holidays

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wozza   
Wed Dec 25 2019, 12:43pm

Member No: #2
Hope everyone has a lovely holiday period.

I've been a bit absent recent as I got married on the 18th and have been away etc. Not to mention ridiculously busy the last few weeks in the run up.

Should be back to normal now and I have some stuff planned for the website to do soon too. Updates for more guides and a few other bits.

Anyway hope you all have a lovely time.
BigJohnD   
Wed Dec 25 2019, 12:51pm

Member No: #82
Merry Christmas/Nadolig Llawen!

My family are spread out this year - Brisbane, Mold, Sheffield, Manchester - while we are at home by the Liverpool Bay seaside, but we'll all meet up sometime in 2020.

Best wishes to all members of C4Owners for 2020.

Joyeux Noël!
iscom   
Wed Dec 25 2019, 03:06pm
Member No: #20936
Merry Christmas
Joyeux Noël
Feliz Navidad
Buon Natale
Feliz Natal
Vrolijk kerstfeest
Crăciun fericit
świąt Bożego Narodzenia
God Jul
Veselé Vánoce
С Рождеством
Весела Коледа
Priecīgus Ziemassvētkus
Mutlu Noeller
Щасливого Різдва
Sretan Božić

Sorry if I have left anyone out
FrankBullitt   
Thu Dec 26 2019, 07:01am

Member No: #19238
Congratulations on the wedding Wozza!

About to get in the kitchen and knock up Bubble and Squeak!
BigJohnD   
Tue Dec 31 2019, 12:03pm

Member No: #82
iscom wrote ...

Sorry if I have left anyone out

Nadolig LLawen!
vexorg   
Wed Jan 01 2020, 08:54am
Member No: #48843
"happy holidays" that very PC message to be non-offense to the modern snowflake world.
FrankBullitt   
Wed Jan 01 2020, 11:33am

Member No: #19238
vexorg wrote ...

"happy holidays" that very PC message to be non-offense to the modern snowflake world.

Not really, although I do get mildly amused when those who get offended by something entirely innocuous like to call others snowflakes. Glass houses and all that...

It’s a bit like those who berate others for ‘always having to have the last word’ are themselves always guilty of having to have the last word but have invariably been snookered.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 gittos (02 Jan 2020 : 10:28)
wozza   
Wed Jan 01 2020, 05:00pm

Member No: #2
vexorg wrote ...

There is more going on than just Christmas at this time of year. It isn't the only religious festival.

It's called having manners and including everyone.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 gittos (02 Jan 2020 : 10:27)
Richard_C   
Wed Jan 01 2020, 05:34pm
Member No: #46470
vexorg wrote ...

Since when is being polite 'snowflake'? Practicing Christians are in a minority in this country, for most it's a season of holiday and consumption and for many their religious festivals fall at a different time. I would say happy Christmas to a local Vicar, if I said it to the Rabbi it's just plain insensitive. There's lots of language we used to use back in the '60s - what did we call the disabled child in our class, or anyone different in any way - but our attitudes evolve and our language evolves. Happy Christmas is fine, Happy Holidays is fine.

Snowflake is a pejorative term, unless used as a noun to describe the stuff that falls from the sky. Some nice people on this forum have sent good wishes using the language(s) of their choice. No need to be snarky and try to pick a fight with them - it says more about you than it does about them and seems at odds with the general good nature and collaboration in this forum.

So thanks, those who took the trouble to wish us well. Happy holiday, what little remains, to you all.

(on the general subject of being polite, I always shout "thank you" up the slot of the cashpoint machine when it dispenses what I asked for. You might think its an inanimate device, but as artificial intelligence improves and machines take over the world, they will remember and reward those of us that were nice to them back in the 2020s)

1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 gittos (02 Jan 2020 : 10:27)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member