or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Adblue Cap - Is this the right one?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jrob3rts   
Tue Dec 24 2019, 02:25pm
Member No: #55162
Hi,

Picked up a 2015 2.0 BlueHDI a few days ago. Reading through the forum and saw issues with caps, leading to pump failures so thought best to check. This appears to have a vent, just wondering if someone can confirm if this is the right one?

- Click Here -

...hope the photo shows.

Thanks
James

[admin edit]Syntax corrected[/admin edit]
routemaster1   
Tue Dec 24 2019, 03:13pm
Member No: #574
Sorry, no photo showing. You cannot post a picture unless you are a premier member. You can upload it to a hosting site like Flickr and cut and paste a link.

There have been many issues with the Adblue tank and there has been a recall to replace caps; however, I don't recall that the cap was the cause of the failures, it may be coincidental.
jrob3rts   
Tue Dec 24 2019, 03:43pm
Member No: #55162
Thanks for your reply.

It may well be coincidental, I guess the later cap would indicate that it's been changed. Other sources have suggested that the old cap didn't vent and as such caused stress on the pump, but I'm new to this so am just finding info out

Whilst here, do you know of any way that I can find the build spec of thr car as it's a 2015 Exclusive+ which seems to be a bit of this, bit of that in terms of kit and so on.

On the image front. I've just created a Flickr account and updated the original thread which previously had an embedded Google image - guess that doesn't show either. Not sure if the Flickr one is showing so have added a url too
matik_one   
Wed Dec 25 2019, 02:16pm
Member No: #55234
Yes, you have right one.. verified based on servicebox, you have RP part.. see pictures below:
- Click Here -
- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member