or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Door mirror removal and lubrication

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
naughtiusmaximus   
Wed Dec 18 2019, 10:45am
Member No: #48074
My drivers side door mirror is jerky when I try to adjust it, my best guess is the motor needs to be lubricated.

What's the best lube to use and how easy is it to remove the mirror glass? I found a youtube video showing how to remove the glass from an old style C4P, is it basically the same process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScTjwsRcy8M&t=62s
iscom   
Thu Dec 19 2019, 04:33am
Member No: #20936
Yes the same way as shown not sure about the "Blind Spot" warning led not sure if it's attached to the mirror. As for lucubration I think a silicon spray would be best ( I just ordered some for the door and boot seals )
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 naughtiusmaximus (27 Dec 2019 : 05:08)
proinnsias   
Thu Dec 19 2019, 09:04am
Member No: #43821
Blind-spot LED is attached (glass is about €80 from a stealer, no aftermarket versions with the LED when I needed one last year !)

Reluctance to move / adjust could be down to plastic gears becoming stripped, which could be a bigger problem - whole mirror unit is about €800 if you have the 360-degree camera setup!! (DAMHIK)
1 User said Thank You to proinnsias for this Post :
 naughtiusmaximus (27 Dec 2019 : 05:08)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member