or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

Fuse Box Diagram C4GP 2016 (accurate)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
RWorgan   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 08:27am
Member No: #55213
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of an accurate diagram of the fusebox 2 (glove box RHD), in a type 2 (with the extra fuse box on the battery).

We removed the one labelled as 'horn' in the manual and the horn co tinuesd to work...
Then we removed the one marked as manual headlight light control but this was the directional lights...

All we want to do is find and always live fuse under 20A that we can piggy back a dashcam off!!

Thank you in advance.
routemaster1   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 08:47am
Member No: #574
Do you really mean 'always live' or just one that is live all of the time the 'ignition' is on.
RWorgan   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 08:55am
Always live - on when the ignition is off.

Past experience of our car being parked, driven into and our dashcam not recording anything as the camera's battery was dead.

(The camera has an auto cut out so as not to drain the car battery)
RWorgan   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 09:25am
We managed to find one that was empty and far easier to reach.

Still, the diagrams sent match the fuse box layout!
Gavin0478   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 11:07am
Member No: #54721
Which fuse did you use out of curiosity as i have a dash cam waiting to fit too please?
RWorgan   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 11:51am
We have a photo - I just need to find our hkwnro share it on here!
RWorgan   
Sun Dec 15 2019, 12:00pm
- Click Here -

I hope this works!

This is directly under the glovebox (can be seen top left) with the panel that holds the foot well light removed.
We were able to hide the cabling behind here and feed it up the inside of the passenger door to the window easily too.
vexorg   
Mon Dec 16 2019, 07:17am
Member No: #48843
How will the dashcam know when to stop or start recording?

I've got mine (nextbase) on to switched live and it powers up when ignition on and stops when igition off. It does have a battery inside that can be used to monitor and record if a bump is detected - never tried it though.

The issue with having it running all the time is that you'll need to reformat the memory card almost daily. It becomes less efficient once it overwrites and I format mine once a month based on filling it and then one full overwrite, based on my average commute.
rusky   
Mon Dec 16 2019, 04:22pm
Member No: #27768
You won't need to reformat if the cam is set to overwrite old files. Overwriting won't cause any performance issues either.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member