or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

Play micro sd cards in factory stereo C4GP cheap

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
GALLOWAY2019   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 07:28am
Member No: #53883
Hi,
I have given up thinking about changing the factory headunit but still wanted to use a USB or Micro SD card full of albums on the factory HU and have solved the problem using one of these. - Click Here - I have copied loads of mp3 files onto a 64gb micro SD card and this gadget transmits them to the factory stereo using the radio and works brilliant crystal clear and as the unit can be mounted anywhere on the dash you can skip tracks using the buttons on the gadget, it comes with a magnetic mount which i have fitted to the coolbox door in the dash and very easy to reach, it comes complete with a 12v plug that plugs into a 12v lighter socket etc and has enough cable to reach the steering wheel so you could attach it to the bit that doesn't move when steering.......its also bluetooth for ya phones. I had mine up and working in 3 minutes. I know its not as good as a new headunit but it does let you carry more music with ya like a mini jukebox. I ordered mine on saturday and it arrived today so quick service.
Cheers
2 User said Thank You to GALLOWAY2019 for this Post :
 iscom (19 Nov 2019 : 08:19) , BigJohnD (20 Nov 2019 : 04:57)
iscom   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 07:57am
Member No: #20936
I just had a quick look . . .the first thing that struck me was just how much you got for your money . . Great value
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 GALLOWAY2019 (19 Nov 2019 : 08:22)
GALLOWAY2019   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 08:26am
Same here its well made too and the backwards and forward buttons have a nice click to them unlike those with rubber buttons. The unit is about 35mm square and sticks well to the magnetic mount which has a peel of sticker for mounting and doesn't look out of place. Well worth the money, you can get 16gb micro sd cards for £4.00 now so a cheap way of having your own jukebox in the car.
Cheers
GALLOWAY2019   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 08:30am
forgot to say as the unit can be mounted very close to the stereo it doesn't have to transmit far so it doesn't go off station like some of the other ones
iscom   
Tue Nov 19 2019, 09:09am
Member No: #20936
I don't need one but at that price I am sure I will fine a good use for it and the dual 12v socket will come in handy too

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member