or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Supply of Spare Parts (Dealer refusing)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
johntech   
Sat Nov 16 2019, 09:23am
Member No: #37957
Dear All
I am the owner of two Citroen vehicles a C4 GP and a C1. Recently I required some parts for my Wife's C1 and visited the local Citroen dealer in Harrogate North Yorkshire a rather embarrassed fellow in the stores advised me that they no longer supply spare parts to the general public or other dealers !
But would of course do the work for me (of course they would!)
I was shocked by this attitude after all it would not be the first time I have been to a garage for four spark plugs and emerged with a new car !
Has anybody else come across this attitude from other Citroen dealers.
I had a word with one of the directors of the company who stuck to his guns and supported his firms stance in the matter.

rusky   
Sat Nov 16 2019, 11:28am
Member No: #27768
Find another dealer! Another option is to sign up here as a premier member & get the parts at a discount from one of the dealers
iscom   
Sat Nov 16 2019, 12:07pm
Member No: #20936
I would get in touch with Citroen I would think the dealer would have to supply parts. .it reminds me of the time I bought a Sony Walkman and a retailer would not repair it because I did not but it from him I explained I bought a " Sony" so I could get it repaired anywhere under the warranty after the retailer made a few enquirers he agreed to send it off for repair. I would think the same would be for a Citroen dealer to supply parts if he did not it could a form of unfair trading practice almost blackmail you get you car repaired here. . or no parts
Richard_C   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 04:56am
Member No: #46470
Thats interesting.

Find another dealer is not really practical in some parts of UK - a dying breed.

The Citroen UK website used to show dealers with service, new cars, used cars and parts. Now I see none are listed as parts - just service. If its true and they really have stopped selling OEM parts retail than that's the end of the line for me as a customer.

euspares.co.uk claim to do OEM, lots of drop-down menus to navigate. Not used them.

Anyone else had recent experience of buying parts from a dealership?
BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 05:22am

Member No: #82
It's some time since I bought spare parts from any of my nearby dealer but I've never had any problems.

rusky   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 03:35pm
Member No: #27768
I think the dealers listed as service is more of an after sales service than a get your hands dirty doing an oil change dirty.

Anyway, the dealers associated with the premier membership will post.
verycleverman   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 05:21pm
Member No: #46275
Maybe this has been coming for a while. A couple of years ago, I changed the front discs on my wife's Xsara Picasso. The bolts holding the calipers on required a large Torx bit so I decided the best way to get the right size was to buy a single bolt and take it to Halfords to buy the bit. My local Citroen dealership said they had never ordered these bolts before and if I wanted one I would have to buy a box of 20 at £5.00 each! A year or so later, I had traded the Picasso in against a C5 Estate and the tailgate gas struts were shot. I ordered a pair off ebay and approached the same dealer for two new circlips to secure the struts. I received the same reply - I would have to buy a pack of 100 circlips at £2.00 each! Needless to say, I straightened and re-used the old circlips. My last car, a C6, had leaking power steering pipes; Citroen no longer supply replacement pipes for RHD C6s. That car is now traded in against a C4 Picasso via a Citroen dealer - let them deal with the problem.
1 User said Thank You to verycleverman for this Post :
 johntech (20 Nov 2019 : 15:17)
johntech   
Wed Nov 20 2019, 03:30pm
Member No: #37957
Thank you for your replies folks !
Yes it is a sad state of affairs but the same position exists with other items ie domestic appliances a new motor for a washing machine can have virtually the same price as a complete new machine.
Gone are the days when dealers would have most parts for current models on the shelf.
Ah well thats progress.
I am looking forward to when change my lovely Citroen car for another and saying to the salesman Er can I buy spares for this car? and when the answer is no I too will say no !
We live in strange times.
John
routemaster1   
Wed Nov 20 2019, 04:04pm
Member No: #574
This thread seems to have changed from the original post. I understood that the dealer was refusing to supply any parts at all to the public or other dealers, and has changed to comments about dealers not being able to supply small components.

So, if I wished to buy an Adblue pump, the dealer would tell me that they didn't have pumps separately from the tank, but they had tanks in stock, but then they wouldn't sell me the tank, but would supply and fit it. Have I got that right?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member