or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Dash board air freshener

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Westentertainer   
Sun Nov 17 2019, 02:03pm
Member No: #54545
Hi I have the air freshener that screws in to dash just below top screen. Any tips on refiling it ,or purchasing original. Any help would be appreciated.
moleman   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 04:37am
Member No: #16299
Do not bother, not worth money. Use a normal car air fresher.
1 User said Thank You to moleman for this Post :
 Westentertainer (18 Nov 2019 : 16:58)
Richard_C   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 04:45am
Member No: #46470
You can get the refill sticks from dealers or I suspect Ebay. Not cheap though.

If you take the device out and pull it apart - pull twist and wiggle, no tools needed - you get to a sort of fibrous 'stick'. If you stand that in a little jar with about 1 cm of something smelly and spirit based (someone gave me some woodland after shave a few years back, never use after shave - does anybody these days? - , put lid on, leave for an hour it absorbs up the stem, reassemble. Lasted 4-6 weeks.

But is it worth the bother? I'm sure they were only invented to give us a reason to keep coming back to dealer and be tempted by shiny new things. After the first 2 goes I got bored. Better to be un-smelly than to mask smell.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
wunny   
Mon Nov 18 2019, 08:55am
Member No: #42824
Do as Richard says, but if you get a bottle of refill oil for reed diffusers, (that's the stinky stuff that you put a bunch of sticks in), you could use that to replenish the car one. Amazon seems to be the cheapest.
1 User said Thank You to wunny for this Post :

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member