or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

Replacing panoramic LCD on 15 plate Grand Picasso

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Julianjpayne   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 08:03am
Member No: #54994
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the place for this question.

Our Grand Picasso has some black areas on the panoramic LCD.

I have a replacement to fit, but I'm unsure how to get at it! Does anybody have any information they could share with me please?

Many thanks in advance.
routemaster1   
Wed Nov 13 2019, 08:14am
Member No: #574
Julianjpayne wrote ...

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the place for this question.

Our Grand Picasso has some black areas on the panoramic LCD.

I have a replacement to fit, but I'm unsure how to get at it! Does anybody have any information they could share with me please?

Many thanks in advance.

I assume you are referring to the upper screen, as this is the one that usually goes. I don't know how to fit it, but I had mine done under warranty. I would warn of one thing though. On these cars the mileage is recorded in two places, in the screen and in the BSI. If you have a second hand unit which is from a car with a higher mileage than yours, the unit will overwrite the mileage on the BSI and it will display the higher mileage. If this happens you cannot get the lower mileage back. If it is a new unit, or a lower mileage used unit, then there is no issue.
Julianjpayne   
Thu Nov 14 2019, 02:51am
Thanks for the info, that's interesting. Although my mileage is quite high, so it is not an issue. It seems like quite a simple job, but I can't figure out how to remove the plastic plate with the air freshener in the middle.
Julianjpayne   
Thu Nov 21 2019, 02:45am
Update

I booked my car into Evans Halshaw (Citroen dealer) it turns out that the screen does need programming to work. It took an hour, and cost £100. Not too bad. So this is not a job to take on yourself!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member