or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

bad connection near ECU

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
crackpot   
Sat Nov 09 2019, 01:07am
Member No: #54974
Hi there
I have a Citroen Picasso xsara 08
From time to time I have turned the key to start the engine and the starter motor clicks then there is a complete loss of power everywhere.

In the top right hand corner of the engine bay there is the fuses box; then next to that there is a strange looking plastic box that bolts to the gear box. On that strange plastic box to the right of it the ECU is located with several unknown electrical devices. On the other side of the box there is a wiring clamp where 2 big black wires join on a wire crimp terminal and a thinish black wire too that goes off to the ECU and other unknown electrical devices. I have unscrewed the thinish black wire and wiggled it around and I hear clicking noises coming from the ECU and other unknown devices, then I screw it back on and that seams to do the trick!

But I have examined the wire and it is clean and unbroken so I don't know why this bad connection is happening

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member