or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

No sound from audio system

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rizz   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 07:08am
Member No: #54964
Hi, I'm new here. C4 Grand Picasso 2007 left hand drive, as I bought the car in Germany, but live in France. For some time my audio system was intermittent, but now has no output at all. The car is an Exclusive variant, so I believe it may have a separate amplifier in the system....but I can't find it! Does anyone know where it is located? Please note Grand Picasso, so only definite answers please. I will check fuses later, but all appears ok on dash display, there is just no sound; not even a crackle. I want to sell the car and buy a newer model, so really need to try to fix this.
routemaster1   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 07:10am
Member No: #574
Sorry I can't be definite, but I believe that the Exclusive, certainly in Britain, didn't have a separate amplifier, just the standard system as found in most C4 and C3 variants.
Rizz   
Wed Nov 06 2019, 07:18am
Member No: #54964
Mine was never a UK car. I wanted to change the head unit to an aftermarket some time ago. I was looking for an interconnect cable, so that steering wheel controls would work. I spoke with Connects2. They asked several questions about the car and then stated that, 'I will not be able to fit an aftermarket unit, as there is an amplifier in the car'. There is a sub-woofer under the front passenger seat....I just can't find an amplifier, unless it is inside dash/behind glovebox.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member